Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
imported_admin

Default A free marine ebook by JeanneP

Our very own moderator (JeanneP) has released her first FREE ebook for download from:

http://www.cruisingconnections.co.za/ebooks.htm

The "CRUISER'S DICTIONARY" by JeanneP is the "A-Z" of what a long-term ocean cruiser (and everyday sailor) needs to know - it is available for FREE download from the "Cruising Connections" secure server in Denver. The file is about a half megabyte so will easily fit on a floppy - or, just download it to your hard drive.

More free ebooks by JeanneP shortly.

Thank you JeanneP from us all.

<font color="red">NOTE:</font id="red"> No special software is required to read this ebook - it opens in your IE Browser (only - sorry no Mac).

Extract from the ebook:

"ALLERGIES - Some marine toxins, such as from jellyfish, cause extreme allergic reactions. Our doctor recommended that we carry at least one type of liquid antihistamine (such as Children’s Benadryl) as well as antihistamine pills as a preventive measure against reactions to new substances. In the event of a severe allergic reaction you may not have time to reach professional medical help. The liquid is faster-acting than the pill form and is more easily swallowed, which can be important if reaction causes swelling of throat and airway passages. If you carry Children's Benadryl, be sure you adjust the dosage for an adult. Better yet would be an “Epi-Pen” which is a premeasured dose of injectable epinephrin. It is most commonly provided to people with severe allergies (such as to bee stings, peanuts, fish, etc.) (See “Charcoal Tablets”; “Scombroid Poisoning”)".
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Lieutenant

WOW Jeanne,

Well done..this will keep me reading for a while...great info.

rumrunner....:0):0):0)

Melbourne, Australia.

Web: https://www.sailblogs.com/member/rumrunner/?xjMsgID=5680</font id="size1">
rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Chetan

I completely second that. Actually had downloaded or copy-pasted it off the site ages ago. Also extremely helpful are all JeanneP's hints and tips on mildew prevention, food storage and various way in which to minimise waste. Great stuff and hope to hear more about your adventures aboard the motor-cruiser.

cheerio

chetan
Old 10-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Ensign

Congratulations Jeanne.

I went to your website about 9 months ago and spent DAYS reading your tremendously interesting logs. I made a mental note to return to read your Dictionary and Faq's but somehow never got round to it.

I have just downloaded your Dictionary ebook - it is FANTASTIC. This ebook will definitely go everywhere with me thank you.

I saw somewhere that your faq's will be made into an ebook as well - I'll be the first to download that as well.

Paul
Old 11-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
imported_admin

Congratulations Jeanne!!

1,000th download of your "Cruiser's Dictionary" today.

Admin
Old 11-18-2005, 02:50 AM   #6
Ensign

Jeanne

Any idea when the ebook of your cruising Faq's will be ready?

Paul
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 PM   #7
imported_admin

The "Cruiser's Dictionary" is now also available in PDF format.

http://www.cruisingconnections.co.za/ebooks.htm