Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Arctic Tony - Crossing the Northwest Passage

Hi there,

My friend Tony has taken off in a Deepsea Seadog (the Mohican) to cross the Arctic Ocean as part of a study on facing fear. Not only is a bit chilly up there but the local Polar Bears are a bit short on food due to environmental conditions and keep trying to nibble him.

Does anyone have any advice I could pass on about surviving Arctic conditions or dodging Polar Bears?

Thanks

http://www.artictony.com

Old 07-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Ensign

Sure - happens to me all the time. But when the snow and ice storms get too heavy and the polar bears too close - then I just turn off the TV and breath deeply - got away once again.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Ensign

But seriously now - if he is up there on an organized study trip I am sure there are some experienced guys along who can take care of dangerous situations or - even better - know how to avoid them. Those polar bears do mean busines - but still, I would not be too worried if I were you.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
Ensign

I didn't mention he is doing it alone and he is a 67 year old pensioner!

His study is about facing fear

http://www.arctictony.com
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
Ensign

I am wanting to traverse the NWP myself and have only admiration for him - with a little planning - he will be OK

Sounds like he is single-handing the whole way - is he not considering crew at any stage - I would love to "assist" !

kris
Old 07-08-2006, 02:10 AM   #6
Ensign

Kris,

Thanks for your continued support. Tony has attempted this once before and is now better prepared. It was good that you left a comment on our website, all feedback is appreciated.

Tonys Land Crew

Tags
arc, crossing