Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to Robinsvoyage
Wink

I will endeavor to reach those who have forgotten me. Last year I broke my leg a couple of months after postpoining my voyage to Bermuda aboard my sailboat, the s/v William Bligh last year. A 1972 Paceship East Wind built by Industrial Shipping of Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia... Since then I've lost 85 lbs and have enlisted the help of my good old friend Brian Call to help me at least get my boat out of New England. We're departing on the 28th and will be sailing first to Boston, then NYC, Cape May, before heading into and up the James River... looking for a new home until I can move her further south...

Having said this.. I'm not as thrilled with my choice of career as I once was and have just borrowed heavily from my 401K to make this voyage possible. I am told by my Financial Planner that if I quit my job I don't have to pay the loan back as that's one of the ways you can take and not borrow.. even if you've already agreed to the loan option. I'll consider this on the way down.. and see if I can afford to keep going. I recently (last week in fact) was down in Naples and Riviera Beach, Florida.. had a wonderful time... I miss the ocean.. miss the warm seas of paradise. So we'll see.

The trip will be documented... but not quite as well as I'd like as my Panasonic GS-320 broke down on me last month after Animal Planet did a documentary on me and my cat (airs this Fall on Cats101)... so I'll have to use the older GS-39 and my FZ-8 for recording this adventure..... stay tuned.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Admiral

Good to have you back Scott. Sorry about the leg though.

Hope you keep us posted about your voyages.

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to Robinsvoyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Good to have you back Scott. Sorry about the leg though.

Hope you keep us posted about your voyages.

Aye // Stephen
You must be the only one on this Earth that calls me by my middle name. LOL..

Thank you for the warm-wishes. I will endeavor to keep everyone as informed and entertained as I can.

Robin Scott Johnson AKA Antioch

Lava's new PFD.. or maybe I'll call it his FFD.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Good job! I can't imagine my cat standing (let alone lying contentedly) for a "FFD". Well, he was not raised on a boat so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ottawa, Canada
KevinBarr is offline   Reply With Quote