Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Pathfinder is in Finike for the winter and I have been trying to buy an adjustable genoa booming out pole plus mast track, etc to fit in the spring. Turkey seems to be a very difficult place to shop for bits. A new anchor suitable for the hard botoms in the area, promised for two weeks delivery, has still not arrived after four and a half months; I bought some brass jib hanks from West Marine in the end, Turkish prices were nearly treble their price-plus-delivery.

After endless e mails to try to ensure I got the right bits for the pole, he announce that he would not order until I had paid (and the anchor situation did not encourage me to pay 1000 euro plus on a hope of a delivery) and he did not accept any form of credit or debit card, but wanted a Bankers Draft.

Has anyone got any ideas about where I can get these bits, I am due to sail on 3 May.

Steelfan

steelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

When we were in Turkey we found it simpler to bring the stuff in ourselves or source it in the EU and have it delivered to one of the Greek islands for pick up.

I'm sure you could get a low cost ticket in / out of Antalya - you just need to work out what the items are worth to you - and do the sums.

Good luck

JOHN

Tags
greece, turkey