Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via MSN to ksammut
Default Canadian who wants to travel the waters!

Good Morning,

I met a girl at the doctors office who was getting some shots to sail....I thought I was in a dream world again.

I have done a different type of cruising. I worked on the QE2 Liner and travelled across transatlantics, south america, the med, northern europe, etc. I believe it was 44 countries when I was said and done.

I have often wanted to go back...but my calling is always towards ships with sails!!!! And they yesterday I met this girl...who led me to this website to make my dream reality.

I want someone to tell me how it works, the costs involved, if you can get paid for hard labour--I am an Event Manager and I am used to planning cruises...maybe I should be looking to a yacht if I want to get paid...but I want to learn about sails...

So what are your thoughts...how does a newbe get started? and good books I should read..Ideally I would love to know how I could sail for a few months at a time...

Thanks!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off