Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Admiral

Here is one example of how to deal with pirates :- CLICK

Using this example as a template - If the pirates take Russians hostage - hand the pirates over to the Russians. If the pirates take Philippinos hostage - hand the pirates over to the Philippines. If the pirates take Koreans hostage - hand the the pirates over to the Koreans.

Got the picture? one exception - If the pirates take Brits hostage - hand the pirates over to the Russians.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Commander

Home Port: Edinburgh
Send a message via Yahoo to chiroeurope Send a message via Skype™ to chiroeurope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA' date='02 June 2010 - 10:41 AM View Post

Here is one example of how to deal with pirates :- CLICK

Using this example as a template - If the pirates take Russians hostage - hand the pirates over to the Russians. If the pirates take Philippinos hostage - hand the pirates over to the Philippines. If the pirates take Koreans hostage - hand the the pirates over to the Koreans.

Got the picture? one exception - If the pirates take Brits hostage - hand the pirates over to the Russians.
On that exception, I vote for handing them over to the Italian Caribinnari (State Police/Military Police) as there is less paperwork for them if the pirates never make the court room.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

In hell, the police are German.

On second thought, I'd be telling the Israeli navy that the pirates were bound for Gaza and had qasam rockets on board.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Boomerang!

Home Port: Oxford, MD
Vessel Name: Boomerang!

Also, make sure to tell them they are pirates....not "peace loving activists....".....because apparently the peace loving actvists are more dangerous, like this bunch ofterrorists the Israelis boarded the other day.....

Our world has turned upside down since hussein became theidiot in chief........the whole world.....

S/V Boomerang!

1980 Cal 39 Mark II

St Michaels, MD
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Admiral

Te Tide is finally beginning to turn :-------------------------

KLICK
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Commander

Home Port: Edinburgh
Send a message via Yahoo to chiroeurope Send a message via Skype™ to chiroeurope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang' date='03 June 2010 - 12:57 PM View Post

Also, make sure to tell them they are pirates....not "peace loving activists....".....because apparently the peace loving actvists are more dangerous, like this bunch ofterrorists the Israelis boarded the other day.....

Our world has turned upside down since hussein became theidiot in chief........the whole world.....
Not so sure that all is as it seems with that one. There was Youtube coverage of the Israeli military boarding groups before the mission was complete. This was over 20nm offshore and there was from what I counted 5 clips of various lengths posted within a very short time. Being that is video uploading via satellite communication equipment, that is a bit expensive. The interesting thing is that a large amount of leftist groups in differing European countries coupled with some interesting funding by questionable Islamic groups and things stop looking so cut and dried. Like the majority of the "activist" paid to be there and the recruiting media used in the UK was definitively anti Israel.

While I do consider what Israel is doing with Gaza to be extreme and much of their actions to be more than a bit over the top. The actions of Islamic groups and the left in this one is also more than a bit suspect. Considering you have a Islamic party that has recently come to power in Turkey and has made some very interesting friends of late.

Michael
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
Boomerang!

Home Port: Oxford, MD
Vessel Name: Boomerang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroeurope' date='03 June 2010 - 04:30 PM View Post

Not so sure that all is as it seems with that one. There was Youtube coverage of the Israeli military boarding groups before the mission was complete. This was over 20nm offshore and there was from what I counted 5 clips of various lengths posted within a very short time. Being that is video uploading via satellite communication equipment, that is a bit expensive. The interesting thing is that a large amount of leftist groups in differing European countries coupled with some interesting funding by questionable Islamic groups and things stop looking so cut and dried. Like the majority of the "activist" paid to be there and the recruiting media used in the UK was definitively anti Israel.

While I do consider what Israel is doing with Gaza to be extreme and much of their actions to be more than a bit over the top. The actions of Islamic groups and the left in this one is also more than a bit suspect. Considering you have a Islamic party that has recently come to power in Turkey and has made some very interesting friends of late.

Michael
Michael, though I respect your position, it is hard to question that these groups continuously fire rockets into Israel on a daily basis....I, for one, do not begrudge Israel at all for taking the initiative on this and any other potential threat to their security. Consider who they are surrounded by, and you know all you need to know.

Still, respecting your position, not sure what you are referring to with your sentiment as to what Israel is doing that you consider "extreme"... I have been there many times....and what you see on the news, unfortunately, is always based on some out of touch "agenda"...in other words, anything but reality....

Enough said on this matter for me....I stand by my earlier post....ALL of it....

Charles

S/V Boomerang!

1980 Cal 39 Mark II

St Michaels, MD
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pirates