Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Ontario
Default Checklist for Cruise journey

Hi there,
I am on my honeymoon trip to the Heart Island (This is my first cruise trip). It is a 16 days trip on the cruise. We are going on the next week. On behave of the final preparation I would like to know the important things that I have to carry for the trip. Here is a checklist of things that I have got from the Blount Small Ship adventures portal

Before You Leave:
Advise family of itinerary
Advise local police
Advise neighbor to watch house
Arrange lodging for pets
Clean/set refrigerator
Have post office hold mail
Leave key
Put extra jewelry in safe deposit box
Set heat or air conditioning
Set timers and lights
Stop newspaper delivery
Turn off ice maker
Turn off water heater
Unplug major appliances
Water plants
Documents:
Credit/ATM cards
Foreign currency (if applicable)
Insurance/Health card
Itinerary
Passport/Visa
Phone card
Phone numbers
Picture ID/Driver’s License
Travel documents
Tickets
Tour Books
Traveler’s checks
Wallet
Personal List:
Personal Grooming supplies
First aid supplies
Glasses/contact lenses and cleaning supplies
Insect repellent
Medicines/vitamins
Nail clippers/nail file and manicure supplies
Prescriptions (duplicates)
Q-tips/cotton balls
Sunglasses
Suntan lotion/sunscreen
General List:
Alarm clock and wristwatch
Beach attire, bathing trunks/suit
Belts
Binoculars
Camera/film/batteries/charger
Video camera/batteries/tapes/charger
Cell phone/charger
Laptop/batteries/charger
Addresses and stamps
Coat
Walking shoes
Handkerchiefs/scarves
Pajamas and robe
Rain gear
Sewing kit
Shorts, pants
Slippers, swim shoes and flip flops
Cold weather clothes

Do I need to add anything to it? Is there anything I have to add up? Looking for your replies.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Congratulations and I sincerely hope your honeymoon is everything you hope it will be. The issue of what to take varies so much between individuals and here on CruiserLog, a site dedicated to those hardy souls who set off on their own sailboats, we would be more likely to recommend entirely different supplies than for those people who are heading of on a cruise liner.

However, having reviewed the list of recommended supplies on the brochure from the cruise line you are sailing with, I agree with their recommendations. The only addition I would make depends upon how much natural adventure you are expecting to experience.

Cold weather clothing is a must, as the brochure suggests, however in pure sailing terms, cold weather clothing for marine wear is a little different from the style of clothing you would wear ashore. Layers are always the key and you need to pay particular attention to the manner of closing of pockets, vents, sleeve and leg fastening, the height of the neck etc. Also, I would recommend an outer layer which is waterproof. There is a West Marine store in Oakville, Ontario and it may be worth going in for a chat with one of their experts. Have a look on their website (Foul Weather Gear | West Marine) to become familiar.

Buy the best wrap around sunglasses you can find and you may suggest to your new life partner that, for both comfort and fun, you invest in a good double sleeping bag to use onboard.

Again, best of luck for your life together and I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:53 AM   #3

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Have a wonderful trip. You may also wish to look at the cruising wiki here http://www.cruiserswiki.org/wiki/Yac...ng_Information which is an ever improving list of things to bring along when crewing on a yacht.

Not quite the same kind of cruising but still useful information. Have a wonderful honeymoon trip.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote