Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Austin
Default Crew finding website!

HI,
Does anyone remember the old floatplan.com? It was an old site used for posting crew ads, it was old school. Well I just found out it has been bought and revamped. It is well worth a look!

Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong 'floatplan.com'.

The one I am looking at is hardly old school. It requires all manner of personal information in the same way as Twitter and Facebook. At CruiserLog we offer sailors and crew the opportunity to share their details honestly, without requiring any personal, social networking type information. No account sync-ing with promises to alert 'friends' and trawl through email lists looking for new members and then classifying them into advertising subsets within cloud storage warehouses in Arizona.

I assume Starcol has a vested interest.

However, I shall use the old school, up front, no strings attached crewfinder, available here in CL.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Admiral

Vessel Name: Persevate
Send a message via Yahoo to atavist

Wow... that was recent, I was just talking to a friend who I saw posted an add on there a couple months ago and it was still the old yellow web page with a few basic links...
Sorry to see the change, I like the old no membership required style... I'm with Dave... I won't be using it in it's new form.

I've had good luck on crewseekers.net. it's a pay site but pretty simple and lots of posts for crew and positions.

"To see new things, and live day to day, is better than wine or poppy, and fitter for a man." (Theseus)
atavist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Ocean Senior Sailor

Home Port: Auckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by atavist View Post
Wow... that was recent, I was just talking to a friend who I saw posted an add on there a couple months ago and it was still the old yellow web page with a few basic links...
Sorry to see the change, I like the old no membership required style... I'm with Dave... I won't be using it in it's new form.

I've had good luck on crewseekers.net. it's a pay site but pretty simple and lots of posts for crew and positions.
Interesting Comments.

I tried to log in with my old password ect but could not had to re register and you have to register to see the new format even,

Accordingly did you de register seeing you are not going to use the site because if not all your details e-mail ect will still be be there.

They have caught a spammer already supposedly and membership remove and banned. They openly encourge if you receive spam give them the source and they will ban them and remove their membership making it they have to re register untill they are pinged again or use another server, under a different name e-mail address password.

Can you elaborate more in detail what is the dissadvantages the new site has been designed along. You seem to use lauguage I not familiar with and I don't understand what you are saying.

OC