Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Cruising guide project

Hi Sailors,

I hope, you don't misunderstand my first post as silly attempt of

spamming, in fact I'm looking for sailors, who are interested to join an interesting, non-commercial project from the beginning:

The international version of SkipperGuide, a interactive, online cruising guide just started here:

http://www.skipperguide.com

It is a cruising guide based on the wikipedia-technology. Everybody can contribute and profit from other contributions. The idea is to build up an information pool about cruising waters and marinas of the

consolidated knowledge of many different users, combined with recommendations from other skippers and touristic tips.

This site is free, open for everyone, and non-commercial. The contributions are published under the Free Documentation License.

At the moment we are looking for people that have fun to support and

build up this project from the beginning. I've just started to translate some articles from the german counterpart (South of Norway is finished so far). But there are still many open ends If you know some waters or marinas somewhere in the world, feel free to leave some notes about it. But also ideas for an efficient navigation structure, constructive discussions, small corrections etc are very welcome.

I'm pretty sure, that this service can become an useful addition to existing cruising guides. The german site already shows a good coverage of various areas with high quality informations and some really good tips for the next sailing trip.

What do you think about it? I'm very interested in your feedback and your suggestions.

Regards,

Peter

Tags
cruising guide