Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Ensign

Any opinions on Endeavour's for live aboard and for off shore. I am looking at both a 32' & 40'. Also, what one would reasonably expect to pay for either.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Rear Admiral

There is an Endeavour 37 for sale in Daytona. Lots of work done recently. I chartered a center cockpit 42, and it was roomy as can be.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Many years ago, my wife and I were driving a back country road in PA (where we currently reside), and saw a pretty little Catalina "Pop Top" sitting alongside a barn being washed down by the owner. We decided to stop in and introduce ourselves. The gentelman was a sailing instructor and local racer on one of the larger lakes in the area. We kept contact for a while and spent some time with him on the water. We had discussed our plans to sail to the Bahamas when the "Kitty" was fat and he told of his own secret desires to leave the land based lifestyle with his wife for warmer climes. Then, in the course of 6 weeks, we heard word that he sold his house, cars, small sailboat and purchased an Endeavour (don't remember what size) and was GONE!!! We received an E-Mail a few months later stating that our discussions together were motivating and perhaps we would see them again one day when we broke away ourselves. I drive by his old house almost daily and think constantly about the day that our own secret desires come to fruition.

Bajamas ~~~
Old 01-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Rear Admiral

Bajamas,

You trouble maker you....LOLOLOL great story!