Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #1
Ensign
 
Nostrodamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Home Port: Hull
Posts: 6
Default Just want to say hello

I have just joined this forum and I wanted to say hello to everyone.

We sold everything 4 years ago, bought a boat to liveaboard, took our boys out of school and set off sailing.

What an amazing life this is.
__________________

__________________
What no one told us was how bleeding scary the sea is! There’s, like, rocks and storms and big, big winds

www.Cygnus3.com
Nostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
Admiral
 
haiqu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Home Port: Sydney
Vessel Name: Keppelena & Shenoa
Posts: 1,379
Default

Well done you! Welcome to CruiserLog.
__________________

__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water... sweat, tears, or the sea" -- Isak Dinesen

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Ensign
 
Nostrodamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Home Port: Hull
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiqu View Post
Well done you! Welcome to CruiserLog.
Thank you haiqu
__________________
What no one told us was how bleeding scary the sea is! There’s, like, rocks and storms and big, big winds

www.Cygnus3.com
Nostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 AM   #4
Admiral
 
Auzzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie
Posts: 1,726
Default

Welcome and well done you guys. Keep it up. Please keep an eye on our forum and give us the benefit of your cruising knowledge where ever you can. Cheers.
__________________
"if at first you don't succeed....Redefine success"!


Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #5
Ensign
 
Nostrodamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Home Port: Hull
Posts: 6
Default

Thank you for the welcome.
The only advice that is worth anything from me is.. don't wait to go out cruising, do it now. It is far easier to find an excuse not to do it than it is to do it.
When you do go out cruising full time you will wish you had done it sooner.
__________________
What no one told us was how bleeding scary the sea is! There’s, like, rocks and storms and big, big winds

www.Cygnus3.com
Nostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
Moderator/Wiki Sysop
 
Istioploos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis
Posts: 556
Default



Welcome to Cruiser Log. The sea while cruising is indeed scary but only 5% of the times the other 95% us pure bliss.

Please take a look to our Cruiser's Guide wiki, even better contribute your knowledge.
__________________


The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Ensign
 
Nostrodamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Home Port: Hull
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istioploos View Post


Welcome to Cruiser Log. The sea while cruising is indeed scary but only 5% of the times the other 95% us pure bliss.

.
You are right but we have ended up sailing in the 5% quiet a lot. Thank you for the welcome
__________________

__________________
What no one told us was how bleeding scary the sea is! There’s, like, rocks and storms and big, big winds

www.Cygnus3.com
Nostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Wanted To Say Hello alaskadax The Tavern | Welcome Aboard 2 05-16-2011 01:11 PM
Just Stopped By To Say Hello! Wildernesstech Our Virtual Yacht Club 1 06-01-2010 02:30 AM
Just Wanting To Say Hello Ruby The Tavern | Welcome Aboard 2 03-27-2009 02:33 PM
Just Say Hello ABALON The Tavern | Welcome Aboard 3 02-27-2009 09:23 PM
Just To Say Hello sailinalea The Tavern | Welcome Aboard 5 02-12-2009 07:47 AM

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0