Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Converted Post'
Originally posted by gaetanc

A topic is a topic. Itís not a big deal.

We too want to help other cruisers by sharing information, that is why we raised this topic. If you are so fortunate to never have any bad experiences, you shouldnít need to comment on a post that is about sharing bad experiences. If you donít like a topic, move on to the next one. It is that simple. What else can I say, you are telling me to not write what I wrote when I never said anything out of line or offensive.
Hi,

I believe you've missed the points being made by others.

1. This site is actually more enjoyable and useful when it contains good news as opposed to bad news.

2. Most bad news expoused by sailors is usually only a single persons opinion - and overall it may not be a true reflection of circumstances. One usually finds sailors are pretty opinionated - and suspect from your tone you'd be one also.

3. These sites cost money to set up and run, and moderators and administrators are often volunteers who set aside a lot of their private time to help create something others can enjoy. So quoting freedom of speech as an excuse and asking them to move over just because you don't like their views - is a bit of an insult.

With respect - if you don't like the site, why not follow your own advice and move on?

Cheers

JOHN