Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #29
Admiral

Vessel Name: Persevate
Send a message via Yahoo to atavist

If you haven't already, check out the crewfinder ... under crew positions there are TONS of people and couples looking for shared expense passages from and to all over the world.... there are always more than few from NZ or australia.... if you could pick up a first mate enroute who is willing to share expenses it would be a huge boon for your trip.... hell, if i had the time I'd fly down to join you just for the experience and to help out a fellow dreamer... best of luck.

"To see new things, and live day to day, is better than wine or poppy, and fitter for a man." (Theseus)
atavist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
Ensign

Well, it's an idea anyway. The frequency of cyclones in the SW Indian Ocean in summer is a huge worry and as I said in the earlier post is a deal-killer by itself for the north of Australia route in the summer. Maybe I just have to accept that there may be no way home for me and BS. I guess I can re-define "home." We're already there!

Anyway, one day at a time. I have productive activities for the next few days.

Thanks to all for your input. Helpful to have a sounding board under the circumstances.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #31
Rear Admiral

Which ever direction you go. I think to go is the right idea. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop. It is close enough in time to go the Horn. I personally would go that direction if I thought my boat was sound enough. The good news is you're working on a fix, and that is great stuff. My fingers are crossed for you. A great feeling is to get one's self out of the hole you have fallen into...........