Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: auckland
Default Trans Tasman shipping

Im looking into frighting my yacht from Australia to new zealand,if i had to sail it over it would have to be done in the worse time of year to cross the Tasman and its not the sort of yacht to be caught in evil weather as the Tasman can have a mind of its own,
i understand all the import costs etc but if anyone has looked into this or done it,would appreciate any feed back on the matter,Cheers

Old 12-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

I frightened my yacht on a sandbank off Fitzroy Island a while back. I'm not sure who was the most terrified - me or Mico

Seriously though, where would she be departing from Dharma?

Fair winds,

Mico

Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: auckland

Cheers for the reply,
departure will be from Melbourne-Auckland NZ,The expense for me and 2 crew plus being Cat1 to leave AUS,It could be fair winds all the way and we could be there in a week or upto 2 weeks with head winds and not laying top of north island but cook straight then taking more time and money to Auckland so im just looking at the shipping option as it is a major ship route from Melbourne to Auckland,Just Weighing up costs either way at this stage,cheers