Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Commander

Home Port: Stockton, MO
Vessel Name: Ceilidh
Default Update for the Gang... Er, Fleet?

Sorry I have not been on here as much lately... admittedly, the loss of one of us had some effect on me (Most will know of whom I speak). But there are so many here that have helped us on our way, and this is one of our internet "homes"!

We are yet in the USVI. I have had the yearn to get cruising, but the Daysail Captain job that I have here is with Moningstar Charters. They are number one of the tours in the USVI, and I am one of their two Captains, so I stay busy. You can look them up on TripAdvisor and read the reviews about "Captain David" if you get bored.

I finally got the time to head over to Soggy Dollar and Foxy's recently... I guess that is a Caribbean sailor's right of passage (Already sailed the Mona Passage at night and in a storm!).

I truly hope that the many involved with this forum understand just how much help they have given so many of us out here!

On the subject of boats, We are still quite happy with our small Tartan, but we have taken the position of advising new cruisers to opt for heavy displacement cruisers, or at least very tough boats initially where possible, as we have seen most of our friends who started light upgrade. Even the infamous Captain Fatty (Hello Gary!) succumbed to Carolyns demands and is finally in a larger boat...

Working on the work boats as much as I do has meant that Ceilidh is not as cared for as I feel necessary, but I have been gradually addressing that. I still love her performance qualities, and her size fits our budget.

Brenda had to have another operation (#4) on her incisional hernia, so she has been unable to do as much on the boat. (Another reason to NOT put off going cruising!)

Otherwise, all are in good spirits and I am sailing nearly everyday!

We miss everyone here, and wish you all well. We will check in here as often as possible, but if you haven't heard from us, know that we are still thinking of you.

The "other" David & Brenda
S/V Ceilidh
St. Thomas, USVI

Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Hey there, "other",

We're so glad to get up update on what you're doing. Seems like the two of us Brendas have had health issues dragging at us as well. All things get better one hopes though.

We're glad that you're getting some time in in the USVI. So nice!

Please do read the boards (now that you're back!) and contribute where ever you can do so.

Warm regards,
Brenda and David (the other, other ones)

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote