Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #21
Ensign

Home Port: kailua-kona
Red face philippines and corruption

philippines has always been a corrupt pay to play but now their getting greedy. you can get anything you want there for a price. the new president dutarte can only cover so much ground on corruption. always will be corrupt there. they are opportunists.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #22
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

It's difficult to make allegations against any country, The Philippines included, when Americans are currently behaving the way they are on the mainland.

I sailed through the Philippines on my way between Australia and Japan. My boat was hauled and painted in record time, for a very fair price, and I found the locals to be pleasant and helpful. Pointing the finger of corruption is a shot which can be made in many areas of the world. And while it may be a legitimate call in your case, it is no different to the man who charged my wife almost $1000 for an $80 repair on her car in Nashville.

I hope you didn't suffer too much loss in your corruption event. Were you sailing through?

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
Ensign

Home Port: kailua-kona

dont get me wrong i love the place but you have to know how to work them also. they love simple gifts. 1st thing i do approaching a gate keeper is bring him a dozen donuts and coffee. then ease them into what you want