Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #81
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We simply say that if ANY income is generated (beyond contribution for food and personal expenses) then PLEASE note that "There are lots of places to post for crew with different interpretations of the 'law' or in fact no interpretation at all".
I don't have a dog in this fight really! I have no issue with me or anyone else following the rules of the forum. It's your choice to allow or dissallow "any" post you want.

But -

You (moderators) state at times in this thread that "no income can be generated." Then the above post defines food and personal expenses as "acceptable" income. Note - you define these two elements as income. So in effect you really are creating definitions. But again - That's 100% OK. It's your board.

Just my personal opinion but you should shut down your crew finder forum. Every other board I have been to only limits the "real" commercial stuff.

I think it is this inconsistency (between boards) that is driving everyone nuts and this thread will go on forever.

If I post for crew they will definitely pay for all the variable costs including fuel and moorings, they will be expected to crew on the boat and do their share of chores, they will also pitch in for their food. The discussion of "personal items" is completely moot. I would never share or pool people's personal stuff.

Based on that paragraph I certainly wouldn't post here as it would be in violation of your forum's rules.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #82
imported_admin

I believe that we would all agree that this topic has more than run it's course and many points of debate are now simply being repeated. I don't think that anything new can be added.

The administrators of this forum have clearly stated the guidelines that should be followed by posters on the Crewfinder and members have stated their views about the decision to implement these "guidelines" - some for, and some against the reasoning behind the decision.

It has been good, healthy discussion and I'm sure that we have all learned something from the debate on this topic. Thank you all for your contributions.

TOPIC CLOSED.

I will open another thread with a poll and ask all to contribute.

Thank you

Admin

Closed Thread