Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
Capt'n

Home Port: Port Douglas
Vessel Name: S/V Travesty

Please send me your email address to .. Lexx underscore aa at yahoo dot com dot au

Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
Capt'n

Home Port: Port Douglas
Vessel Name: S/V Travesty

Iccruiser ... Please check your private messages on this site.

Lexx

Old 09-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
Ensign

Home Port: anacortes
Default Crew

Hi,

I swa your post. Are you still looking for crew? Where are you?

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm interested in joining your crew.

Here’s some info about me.

I sailed Hobie Cats as a kid. Sailed whenever I could get on a boat, weekly club races on Long Island Sound and Puget Sound, crewed from Guatamala to Florida, bare-boat chartered in the Caribbean and Tahiti. Had my own boat, a Catalina 30, and "cruised" the San Juans and Gulf Islands five months each of the past few summers, single-handed and on the hook. Winters I was living on her at the marina.

Graduated from UCSB and then went traveling, chasing mountains around the world. Have spent about 15 years abroad, mainly in South Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Central America. Worked on and off for Stanford University during the 1980s. Have lived east coast, west coast and in between. Have done a lot of bicycle and motorcycle touring. Interested in nature, especially birdwatching, mushrooming, fishing/crabbing. Just sold my house, gonna miss my vegetable garden. I love reading.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat

I've decided to get more seriously into boating. I bought my first boat a few years ago and the learning curve has been incredible. I knew wind and sails, sailing lingo and how to handle a boat, but now it's all about safety and systems and the responsibilities of a captain. Best way to learn is hands-on. But now I’m boatless again and am looking for the opportunity to sail with others and learn more about boats. My dream is to sail to Alaska. And then who knows.

I sold my Catalina 30 not too long ago, but now looking to get back and more deeply into sailing. Very interested to learn more about all aspects of boating. Would appreciate the opportunity to help out on your boat, get more experience and knowledge, and have fun. Thanks.

And if you have the time, where in SE Asia are sailing hubs where one would have a good chance of finding crew positions. I figure to just go with my kitbag and prowl the marinas. Thanks.

Jack Whittemore

p.s. I’m healthy, unencumbered and financially secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
I am getting my yacht ready to depart on an adventure and exploration cruise from Cairns/Port Douglas in Far North Queensland, Australia to Asia and maybe beyond.

Departing in March or April 2013

The yacht is a 42 foot cutter rigged sloop, (pics in the photo section here), and sleeps 5 in comfort but can sleep up to 9 people.

I plan to sail up the coast to the Torres Straights and then on to Darwin. Then on to explore the northern Kimberly Islands for a while before heading back to Darwin and provisioning for Indonesia, Malaysia and beyond. This is to be a trip of exploring new places and enjoying the journey, laid back with as little pressure as possible.

Me ... older guy with many years of coastal and ocean cruising behind me. I live on a small fixed income and love the adventure of places new to me. I live simply and don't have unrealistic expectations.

I am looking for two or 3 people, (male or female), to join me in this adventure ... I am not looking for someone who just wants to join a yacht for a few weeks as a way of getting from one place to the next, rather I am looking for someone who wants to enjoy an adventure of exploring much like me ... for 6 months at least and maybe much longer. This is an open-ended trip and yes you would be expected to contribute within reason but we can discuss that when the time comes.

I have one guy who will be joining me to assist with getting the yacht ready in Mid February. he will be staying with the yacht to the Kimberley Islands then departing to do his own thing. Ideally I would like to encourage 2 to 3 people to join me for this trip and would prefer a gender mix. Age and experience is open but some level of fitness would be nice.

Want to know more ??? message me and lets see where it goes.

Lexx
Old 09-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
Ensign

Home Port: anacortes
Default Crew

Hi,

I swa your post. Are you still looking for crew? Where are you?

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm interested in joining your crew.

Here’s some info about me.

I sailed Hobie Cats as a kid. Sailed whenever I could get on a boat, weekly club races on Long Island Sound and Puget Sound, crewed from Guatamala to Florida, bare-boat chartered in the Caribbean and Tahiti. Had my own boat, a Catalina 30, and "cruised" the San Juans and Gulf Islands five months each of the past few summers, single-handed and on the hook. Winters I was living on her at the marina.

Graduated from UCSB and then went traveling, chasing mountains around the world. Have spent about 15 years abroad, mainly in South Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Central America. Worked on and off for Stanford University during the 1980s. Have lived east coast, west coast and in between. Have done a lot of bicycle and motorcycle touring. Interested in nature, especially birdwatching, mushrooming, fishing/crabbing. Just sold my house, gonna miss my vegetable garden. I love reading.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat

I've decided to get more seriously into boating. I bought my first boat a few years ago and the learning curve has been incredible. I knew wind and sails, sailing lingo and how to handle a boat, but now it's all about safety and systems and the responsibilities of a captain. Best way to learn is hands-on. But now I’m boatless again and am looking for the opportunity to sail with others and learn more about boats. My dream is to sail to Alaska. And then who knows.

I sold my Catalina 30 not too long ago, but now looking to get back and more deeply into sailing. Very interested to learn more about all aspects of boating. Would appreciate the opportunity to help out on your boat, get more experience and knowledge, and have fun. Thanks.

And if you have the time, where in SE Asia are sailing hubs where one would have a good chance of finding crew positions. I figure to just go with my kitbag and prowl the marinas. Thanks.

Jack Whittemore

p.s. I’m healthy, unencumbered and financially secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
I am getting my yacht ready to depart on an adventure and exploration cruise from Cairns/Port Douglas in Far North Queensland, Australia to Asia and maybe beyond.

Departing in March or April 2013

The yacht is a 42 foot cutter rigged sloop, (pics in the photo section here), and sleeps 5 in comfort but can sleep up to 9 people.

I plan to sail up the coast to the Torres Straights and then on to Darwin. Then on to explore the northern Kimberly Islands for a while before heading back to Darwin and provisioning for Indonesia, Malaysia and beyond. This is to be a trip of exploring new places and enjoying the journey, laid back with as little pressure as possible.

Me ... older guy with many years of coastal and ocean cruising behind me. I live on a small fixed income and love the adventure of places new to me. I live simply and don't have unrealistic expectations.

I am looking for two or 3 people, (male or female), to join me in this adventure ... I am not looking for someone who just wants to join a yacht for a few weeks as a way of getting from one place to the next, rather I am looking for someone who wants to enjoy an adventure of exploring much like me ... for 6 months at least and maybe much longer. This is an open-ended trip and yes you would be expected to contribute within reason but we can discuss that when the time comes.

I have one guy who will be joining me to assist with getting the yacht ready in Mid February. he will be staying with the yacht to the Kimberley Islands then departing to do his own thing. Ideally I would like to encourage 2 to 3 people to join me for this trip and would prefer a gender mix. Age and experience is open but some level of fitness would be nice.

Want to know more ??? message me and lets see where it goes.

Lexx

Tags
asia, queensland