Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Valletta
Post Arctic Norway - Tromso to Lofoten Islands in Aug/Sept

Hi everyone,

A while ago we chartered a 47ft yacht in Arctic Norway for a photography workshop, but due to the late announcement we didn't get a group of photographers this year. We are really keen on this adventure anyway, so we would like to run this trip as a sailing expedition - you can join us by simply paying only the expenses for the charter and running the expedition.

Route: see the map attached: Tromso - Senja - Andoya - Vesterolen and a full circumnavigation of the Lofoten Islands

Dates: 23th August - 06th of September 2014

Boat: Delphia 47 built in 2009, fully equipped for Arctic conditions. She has 6 single berths and 2 double berths in 5 cabins – 2 persons per cabin.

The yacht has 112 square meters of sails, a reliable heating & hot water system (760l water tanks), power generator, 4 WC/showers, kitchen and large saloon with TV, DVD and radio. The yacht is also equipped with all the safety equipment needed like radar, autopilot, large liferaft, lifejackets, satellite SAR beacon, a powerful 75 hp outboard engine and an inflatable dinghy boat (also with an outboard engine) for getting to the shore.

The team:
Dominik Bac - skipper - Dominik is one of the most experienced Arctic skippers, having sailed successfully through the Northwest Passage, around both Americas, Patagonia, Antarctica and numerous others places in all oceans.

Wojtek Jarosinski - 2nd skipper - having sailed extensively for the last nearly 20 years together with Dominik.

Vlad Donkov (me) - Arctic photographer - I have spent a year on the islands and feel the place like a second home. I have lead expeditions and private groups there and have lots of local friends who will be helping us along the way.

The expenses: We will divide the costs for the charter and travel expenses of the team (2 of the 3 team members will work for free!) by 7. If interested I would send you a detailed budget in a PDF file. We need about 14 700 eur to pay the charter and organise the expedition.

2 weeks - 2100 euro / $2880

1 week - 1050 euro / $1440

Additional costs:
Food - up to you, usually around 15-20 eur a day
Flights to Tromso and from Svolvaer/Bodo (mainland Norway)

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested as the places are filling up quickly - email me at verticalshot@gmail.com

PS. The sailing expedition is suitable for beginners and sailors of all skills levels
Attached Thumbnails
2009-Polar-Norway-11.jpg   Lofoten-2012-1.jpg   Lofoten-2012-2.jpg   sailing-expedition-norway.jpg  

Tags
arc, island