Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Rear Admiral

After participating in last year's Louisiades Rally we've been hanging out to get back. Unfortunately this year due to work commitments I'm going to be sailing solo (sob).

So here's the deal:

Departing September 17th out of Cairns (you'll need to be in Cairns 4 days prior to this date and accommodation can be arranged free of charge if required)

4 week cruise to Louisiades aboard our 33' Alajuela Cutter ( 2 x circumnavigations and extensive S. Pacific cruising under her belt so a well founded blue water traveller)

All food and provisioning provided apart from your own preference of alcohol and any other personal goodies plus the $230 AUS entrance fee (I think) per person. There might be a chocolate fee paid to the skipper

It's a laid back cruise wandering about the island chain and chilling out with the locals. Swimming, snorkelling, diving and fishing - it's hell I tell ya! We'll be in the company of approx 10 other yachts of all shapes and sizes so lots of beach barbies and general messing about.

So if you're looking for a short blue water cruise (3 days there and 3 back max) and have a bit of experience in keeping watch and general cruising I'd be happy to chat with you.

Looking for 1, 2 or 3 crew, male or female or any combo. It's a chip in, all hands on deck, bring some good books, a sense of humour and adventure.

Only downside is the fact that I cook but hate washing up

Fair winds

Mico

Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE=mico;1309083115]

After participating in last year's Louisiades Rally we've been hanging out to get back. Unfortunately this year due to work commitments I'm going to be sailing solo (sob).

So here's the deal:

Departing September 17th out of Cairns (you'll need to be in Cairns 4 days prior to this date and accommodation can be arranged free of charge if required)

4 week cruise to Louisiades aboard our 33' Alajuela Cutter ( 2 x circumnavigations and extensive S. Pacific cruising under her belt so a well founded blue water traveller)

All food and provisioning provided apart from your own preference of alcohol and any other personal goodies plus the $230 AUS entrance fee (I think) per person. There might be a chocolate fee paid to the skipper

It's a laid back cruise wandering about the island chain and chilling out with the locals. Swimming, snorkelling, diving and fishing - it's hell I tell ya! We'll be in the company of approx 10 other yachts of all shapes and sizes so lots of beach barbies and general messing about.

So if you're looking for a short blue water cruise (3 days there and 3 back max) and have a bit of experience in keeping watch and general cruising I'd be happy to chat with you.

Looking for 1, 2 or 3 crew, male or female or any combo. It's a chip in, all hands on deck, bring some good books, a sense of humour and adventure.

Only downside is the fact that I cook but hate washing up

Fair winds, Mico

G'day '31'-mico. Howitwithyou? Very interesting subject! I've looked up - 31' Alajuela Cutter - in google - very nice, seaworthy & looks sea-kindly yacht you two have there. I'm just-up the hill on 40 93 9900 if you wish to talk it over & I'll come down to 'Yorkies' to meet, as you wish. My 'profile' says something & the yacht clubs might fill-in the blanks. However - as there is never a 'free lunch' in life, I'll pay for my tucker - thanks. What's the 'Captian's candy' cost & how much extra coin should I budget for? Last week I talked to Guy Chester for a bit (he used to buy materials at my business in Cairns), so how much extra should I budget for - in round terms, at the Louisades-end? I'd want to take 40 to 60 ks of Epoxy & 'glass cloth & some tools of trade with me to help out the 'locals, oh & some vinager (for solvent) also. Must'nt go empty-handed & my limited skills might help them out a tad. I'm available to assist with 'mico' work (foc) if you wish, whether I go or not - the offer is there. Also - being only 50 min from 'yorkies' - we've got a few spare rooms/beds if you need to use them, also (foc). What's the lead time in real terms - other than the all to short - 4 days (it'll take me that long to find the 'pointy bit' & the 'front-sail). If there's more than one - it may take a whole week! What's the - state of play re; refreshments? - is it a dry - boat - islands etc?? Sure hope we 'trawl' all the way as I do love 'suhi' etc. & aren't bad @ catching a few. Sounds like a 20 out of 10 possible to me - if you'd consider a 'jj-geri-hat-trick' that unfortunately is male (darn) in the mix of choices. Catch-ya later, cobber, james

10/4, & back to you - On Ch16 - - over & by. Ciao for now, james

Old 07-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Brisbane

Hello!

I'm a canadian living in Australia for a year looking for some fun travels before I start work here as a geologist! I'd be very interested to help out, have a good time, and learn a bit about sailing. Thanks for your time,
Greg
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Rear Admiral

This is a very old post Greg but I understand that there is another Louisiades Rally happening in October this year. If you visit their website: 2012 Rally - Louisiades
you might score a crew position if you contact the organisers who often have vessels looking for additional crew. We won't be going this year as we're still outfitting our new ketch in Borneo but it is a fantastic trip and an extremely well organised and safe rally.

Fair winds,

Mico

Tags
cairns