Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Los Angeles
Vessel Name: Squirt
Cool Caribbean to California

Vessel "Squirt" USCG documented in Agoura Hills CA.

Squirt is a 43' Aluminum blue water sloop. Owner is a licensed (100 ton) Captain with Chartering experience both power and sail.
I have spent some time cruising the Caribbean and am now sailing Squirt home to California. I am looking for 3-4 people who would enjoy the adventure and experience of such a journey.
No children or pets
Squirt is currently in Colon, Panama which will be the starting point scheduled for April 8, 2013.
The voyage should take 5-6 weeks ending in Los Angeles California.
Each crew member will be expected to take his/her turn at the helm, and a watch in rotation, and clean up after themselves.
Sailing experience is great but enthusiasm is better.
As for as costs, I will cover all the expenses on-board the vessel, IE; food, water, fuel. In port how ever your wine and dining is on you. Nudity is normal in the tropics but you will be required to wear a life jacket on deck while underway so if there is a particular style you are comfortable with... bring it. Sat phone will be for the vessels daily report and emergencies only. If you want to use a Sat Phone, bring one.
No smoking, moderate drinking will be permitted when your off duty. BYOB and some for the Captain. But be advised, ANY misconduct for ANY reason and the booze goes overboard.

For crew, we note that other reasonable expenses which crew may be expected and prepared to pay themselves include visa, travel to-and-from the boat, alcohol, eating and drinking in port, transportation in port.

Safety is number one! If you act the fool and get yourself hurt or sick you just become a burden to the rest of the crew. Sunscreen, Lip balm, hat, spare sunglasses, deck shoes, meds, lotions and potions, towels, sleeping bag. Don't under estimatethe elements.Looking Forward,

Captain Joe

Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Columbia, SC
Default Wow!!!

You sound like just the guy my companion and I are looking for, shame you're headed out in April. Do you know any level-headed fellows like yourself looking for a crew leaving out in early June?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Toronto-Bantry

Hey,
Just wondering are you still looking for bodies,
I'm male, 25,energetic qualified and experienced, plenty of seatime, really want to get a good long cruise under my belt, enthusiastic about sailing and enjoying time on the water, knowledgeable and can play guitar and bang out a few shanties to help pass the time ha, if your interested let me know. Currently in Toronto, Canada travelling North America, hope to hear from you soon.
Jack
Jack
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Coromandel
Default Panama to Cali

Hola Captain Joe Squirt!

You and Squirt sound like a super fun team.

My name is Beth, I´m 24 years old from New Zealand and am so up for an adventure to Cali. I´m fit, able and ready to learn. Happy and willing to take on all and any tasks asked of me.

I´m in Guatemala right now in Rio Dulce logging hours under sail in order to be a more competent crew member. I have some hours off the coast of Santa Barbara but pretty limited. Enthusiasm is abundant!!!

Can you tell me a little more about yourself?
What kind of safety equipment do you have aboard? Can I borrow a life jacket (any style is fine...)
How long before would it be good to arrive to shakedown with the crew and get to know eachother?
What kind of rig are you running?

I´m sure there are more but thats all for now...

look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Beth
Old 03-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Clarendon Hills

Hello,

This sounds amazing. I am a young photographer and a writer on the side and I am looking for some adventure to document. I enjoy hard work and am willing to get my hands dirty. I am pretty green when it comes to sailing, but I believe that could be easily remedied because I am a fast learner and I am very capable.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you. This would be a wonderful experience and I am very excited about it. Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Thanks,
Marlon
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Vancouver
Default Colon to LA

Hi Joe
I'm 68 ,relatively fit, just completed 2 wks of 11 hr days movie set building.3 days whistler skiing.
worked 4 yrs tug boat in the 70;s towing logs & 6 or so trips to the outside of the Queen Charlottes ,at least 1 in 60 knt winds(memory ?)
Teach sailing in our club ,dinghy ,cats & barvaria 34.

Took power squadron coastal course & plan to buy 35 ft boat .Would prefer to phone if there is a way to send number privately Can fligh down immediately.
Colin

Tags
april, canal, caribbean, pacific, panama