Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Port Vila
Default Crew for Pacific crossing

Looking for crew for pacific crossing, From St martin to Vanuatu in March 2013. Looking at about a 3 month crossing stopping in San Blas, Panama, Galapagos, Tahiti, Fiji then Vanuatu. Non paying trip, food and basic living expenses will be payed by Yacht. Flights to and from yacht will not be payed. The yacht is a 60ft catamaran fully equipped and we plan to leave the Caribbean around the 7/8 March.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Florianópolis
Default Pacific Crossing

Hi eggbert73

Timing works for me, 30 married male wanting to harness in more voyage skills. Very appreciative of mentors and knowledge passed on. Currently residing in Brazil Kitesurfing, heading north, will be in Los Roques in Feb. Can reach you for departure. Solid worker, very agreeable, can conform to any style and a jack of all trades and a fast learner of acquiring new skills fast. Would really like to be on your crew. I would be Solo as spouse supports all sailing and wind driven adventures. Fit and clean, respectable and never met a stranger. Would like to find out how to confirm spot on crew?? Point of Departure?? Direct contact and details for prep.

Best Regards
Mathew

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Gliwice
Send a message via Skype™ to Metrobeale

Hi! I am 50 years old.I am retired recently.I was in electrical trades.I am seeking deliveries or short term crusing World-wide as a skipper,mate or a crew member. I don't smoke or drink alcohol.I don't take drugs.I don't have a tattoo and I am not pierced.I am easy going man with a positive attitude to work.I am an interesting person who loves adventure.I like to learn new things.I have plenty of experience,good knowledge of navigation,mechanical,cruise preparing,daily maintenance and provisioning.I can even cook. I speak English and some Russian. I am familiar with sailing on Tall Ships even as a mate.I have experience in trans-Atlantic voyages.I have already crossed the following seas:the North Sea,the Mediterranean sea,the Baltic Sea and Caribbean Sea. I can start anytime and anywhere.I am available on short notice.I can deliver my CV and a list of references on request should you be interested in my application.
My e-mail:zbyszekdotpoleszak(at)gmaildotcom
Regards,Zbig
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Gliwice
Send a message via Skype™ to Metrobeale

Have sent PM

Zbig
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
b2s
Ensign

Home Port: Kerikeri
Default Great!

Experienced Sailboat Crew - 36 polish female, very fun good natured traveler, ready for new adventures, love snoorkling, OWD diver. I living off the coast New Zeland now (Kerikeri). 18 years sailing experience. Longer passages in last 3 years. I am tidy shipmate and good cook ready to enjoy a great trip in pleasant company.

If interested, please contact: kicia1107@gmail.com

+64221718870
------------
Sabna
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Cape Town

I would like to hear more on this. Will be in SXM around that time, initially looking to get to Bocas Del Torro in Panama, would look into going further if things feel good on first leg.
Ive sent u a PM.

Regards

Jerome
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
Outstanding crew!!!

Home Port: Auckland
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcontxtxp

Dear Captain

Please Read this letter carefully and attentively...

I have good experience sailing; I lived for 22 year in Miami Beach USA making Key Biscayne and the Atlantic Ocean my playground sailing on a Colgate 26, power boating, fishing and diving. I also participated in few regattas in Key Biscayne competing in a small 4-crew sailing boat wining one competition “it was a stroke of luck :-)”

I am well fit, well-mannered, extremely positive, easy going individual with a ken common sense; moreover I am a highly educated individual... I fluently speak write and read in Russian, Spanish, English and Portuguese with Basic in Italian and French; I have two degree and I am also a Pilot for single engine airplane, a NAUI Scuba Diver with Survival skills in the Forests, Deserts, Mountains and Waters.

I am very interested in buying a boat “OR” buying into a boat "partnership"... Therefore I NEED/DESIRE to be FULL time in a boat for the next year or two in order to acquire more experience necessary to become a true sailor and be able to sail the world... I am ready to do ALL tasks from the smallest to the biggest; any and ALL boat duties to quickly master all tasks needed for sailing.

I am very interested in sailing with you... Please let me know

Respectfully yours,

Karlos Falcon
Phone +64-027-922-21-29
E-mail Falcontxtxp@gmail.com
Skype Falcontxtxp
Gtalk Falcontxtxp
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: nice

Hello,
Maybe it s too late. But maybe not
I am an enthusiastic and experienced crew member who would like to join your boat. I'll be arriving in Panama on febuary 12th and i go to Caraibe.
I'm french and I'm 21 years old. I have finished my 4th year in medicine but i am taking a break off of my study for 1 year to travel.

Since I was a child, my family rented a boat every year during 1 or 2 weeks. When I was 17 I joined the french sailboat shool " Les Glenans" to go on many cruises. Now I work as a qualified sailboat teacher in this shool during the holidays.
2 years ago with a friend of mine I have created a boatsail association in my university to participate in the famous student french regate: C.C.E - Course Croisiere Edhec.

I will obviously gladly help with all the necessary tasks. I am used to navigating with different generations of people and I have always liked the diversity of this.

My native langage: french
Level english: intermediaire
Level español: pre-intermediare
I would be happy to pratice my english.

Thanks and kind regards,
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: cape town

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggbert73 View Post
Looking for crew for pacific crossing, From St martin to Vanuatu in March 2013. Looking at about a 3 month crossing stopping in San Blas, Panama, Galapagos, Tahiti, Fiji then Vanuatu. Non paying trip, food and basic living expenses will be payed by Yacht. Flights to and from yacht will not be payed. The yacht is a 60ft catamaran fully equipped and we plan to leave the Caribbean around the 7/8 March.
Hi there

I am a 26 year old female with 2 deliveries and 8 years live aboard behind me. Available immediately to join you...surely a dream crossing opportunity that has come at an ideal time. Am an easy going, adaptable, dependable person who loves the outdoors, travelling, cooking and photography. Attached is my CV but if there is many more info you might want please let me know!!!

Regards

Amy
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
Ensign

Home Port: Coromandel

Hi Eggbert,

Well I feel very under-qualified after reading all the above posts but I have a passion for the ocean, I am committed to working hard and soaking up any knowledge that can be passed my way. I also realize that sometimes it's easier to teach someone who doesn't already "know" exactly what their doing.

In saying this I do have experience in the ocean. I grew up on boats although not many with a sail, I surf and have recently taken up ocean kayaking. I have logged some hours aboard off the coast of California and in lakes in Quebec. I feel totally at home on the decks and up in the sails.

I speak English, a little spanish and some french. I'm happy to help with any task big or small.

I'm currently in Guatemala.

Thanks so much,

Beth
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
PACIFIC CROSSING-to Aus!

Home Port: SanDiego
Default I want to sail with you!

Hi Eggbert,
My name is Mark, I'm 25 and headed to Australia, Vanatu is pretty darn close though.
Im up in Puerto Vallarta right now but wouldnt mind meeting you a little further south.
Ive only little sailing experience, i got to PV from SanDiego via sailboat and loved it

check out my profile for more info or email me at marksail@hotmail.com

thanks
fair winds and happy travels
-mark
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Ensign

Home Port: cape town

Hi there

Are you still looking for crew? I am a 26 year old female who is urgently looking for a vessel sailing the Pacific to both get back to sea and fulfill a life long dream!!!

Having grown up on a yacht and with an ocean crossing behind me (CAPE TOWN to Bahamas) I am very at home at sea. I am easy-going, adaptable and always keen for adventure. I have tried my hand at all sorts of water activities and have recently taking up rock climbing. I also enjoy cooking and a bit of photography.

For any more info let me know. My email address is amylouise0079@gmail.com, or you can contact me directly on +27 82 862 8957.

Kind regards

Amy Louise
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Ensign

Home Port: cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggbert73 View Post
hey Eggbert73,

my name is Paolo, male 37 yo, Originally from Chile. I used to sail every weekend in 30 to 37 foot sail boats when I was at the uni, I had a coastal skipper licence on tha time ( lost the card in some of my trips few years after). after I graduated as a veterinarian, I got to work for few years before I moved to New Zealand where I was working in diary farms for 4 years. after I diceded to move to Mexico to work as a scuba dive instructor and cave diver what is what I do here right now. I would like to know if you still looking for some crew.
Im fit, 1,78 mts tall, 75 kg weight, I go to the gym twice a week, really used to a any sailing rig, cpr and first aid intructor too and Ive been thinking in get an ocean master skipper licence at some point maybe this time when I go back to New Zealand. In this trip I could certify from open water diver to divemaster diver to any of the people on board if you have some dive gear), I love to swimm, dive, fishing, I drink only in parties, I speak fluent spanish and english. Im tidy, clean and respectful and I dont mind to be under the orders of the capitan of the boat. :-)
Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #14
Ensign

Home Port: Torino
Send a message via Skype™ to 1berto

Hi,

are you still loking for crew? My name's Umberto, I'm from Italy and I'm taking some months off to get away and sail from Central America to the South Pacific and around there, probably until September or October. I plan to arrive to Miami on or around March 15th and I may join if you're still around and in need. I'm 47, male, dynamic, relaxed and easy going. I'm used to sailing and living with other people on a boat. I've been sailing since I was a kid on dinghies and bigger sailboats. I also love diving. I've got a boatmasters' certificate and PADI certificates (open water diver, open water advanced + and medic first aid). Apart from sports, I love cooking, reading and taking photos.
I speak English, French and Italian. I have no health problems, allergies, alimentary restrictions or sleeping problems, I'm a social drinker and I don't smoke.
Let me know!

Ciao

Umberto Brida
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #15
Ensign

Home Port: Québec city

Hi! My name is Marie and I am 24 years old. I have approx 4 months off (May-Sept), and would love to join a sailing trip like this one! If you are still looking for crew members, please send me an email to let me know and will send you a much longer email about me. In terms of experience, all I can offer at this stage is enthusiasm, but I am very keen to learn and would be more than happy to help with all the duties onboard! I am not available till May, but if I can join the trip somewhere at your convenience, that would be great.
mclassiseraye@gmail.com
Cheers!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Ensign

Home Port: Paris

Hi Eggbert,

I hope i am not too late. My name is Adrien, i am French and currently in Panama city where i am looking for a way to cross the Pacific (in order to realize an old dream of making a turn around the world without planes).
I speak fluently English and Spanish and i had some experience as a crew on a cargoship that made me cross the Atlantic and on a sailboat from Colombia to Panama through the Sab Blas Islands where I was cook and assistant for the captain.
I am available whenever possible if you think that my candidacy might suits your needs.
I hope to hear from you soon, do not hesitate to send me a private message on martinesco83 at hotmail.com

Regards,

Adrien
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Ensign

Home Port: San Francisco

Hello,
Have you sailed yet? I have previous experience and I'm available from mid-June on. I have no health problems, in great shape, former chef, construction, tech, boat, dive savvy. Always eager to learn/exercise new maritime/nautical skills. Please let me know either way. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lon

lon@aspectframing.com
Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Ensign

Home Port: Sayulita
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifermartind

Hi, I am interested in joining you somewhere along the way! Please see my post under crew available and see if you have any interest.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
Ensign

Home Port: San Francisco
Default Partner Up?

Hello Jennifer,
'Interested perhaps in partnering to start our own boat?
Any good deals around there for a quality, seaworthy vessel?
Hope all is well with you.

Happy Sails,
Lon
lon.richter@yahoo.com

Tags
crossing, pacific