Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: dunedin
Default crew wanted

Hi l am looking for crew to sail from Malaysia to NZ or part of the trip depart some time in may must have no time frame will stoping along the way in borneo lndoneisa oz new caledonie some experience required as this passage is against the trades and current you must get your own visa

Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Hi northstar, please supply the information as requested here: http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f14...2012-a-11.html

Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
Ensign

how do I get in to edit the info
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Just add an additional post with the information requested.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar View Post
Hi l am looking for crew to sail from Malaysia to NZ or part of the trip depart some time in may must have no time frame will stoping along the way in borneo lndoneisa oz new caledonie some experience required as this passage is against the trades and current you must get your own visa
Hi Northstar. Me and my partner are currently in the south of Thailand seeking passage (crewing opportunities) home to Australia. We have an open time frame. May would be an ideal time for us to depart southeast Asia. We are within easy distance of several ports, and could easily find our way to Malaysia to meet you. We have limited experience on the water but are both able-bodied, fit, good-natured, flexible and hard-working. We'd welcome the opportunity to speak to you on Skype to further discuss your needs, as well as our own. I can supply you with CVS, referees, or more informations, should you require.

We hope to hear form you soon.
Warm regards
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Ensign

Hi guys, thanks foryour interest. Can you let me know what boating or sailing experience you have? Indonesia reuires the crew to be on the. Cruisung permit application which takes six weeks to process, so need to know your experience and timeframes.
Cheers,
Mark
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Brisbane
Default versatile learners with practical skills

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. Good to hear from you.

To be frank, Neither Richie nor myself have worked on a sailing vessel.

That said, we have both spent time on the sea (usually on larger craft, but sometimes small) in the Andaman Islands, the Mediterranean, Sydney Harbor and Lake Macquarie. We both have good sea legs (and stomachs). Though of course, we have never tried something as ambitious as what you're suggesting.

I must emphasise that we are both practical people, adapted to living in small spaces on limited resources! We have lived on the land and due to the nature of that work have become handy at many different roles, hardy too. We are fast learners and able to take direction. We are good-natured and enjoy a challenge. I am 30 (Australia) and Richie is 35 (UK). Richie already has his visa for Oz lined up and confirmed.

I've been reading the parameters for the Bali Marina Banoa Harbour and was aware that they required a CAIT/crew log and that it needed to be registered 7 weeks in advance. We're happy to pay for our own Indonesian visas.

Because of the nature of the journey and the open-ended timeframe we feel (as we suppose you do too) it's important that we're comfortable in one anthers' presence, that we can all get on and have a good time. It's also important to us that you gain trust in our capability as sailors. So, if it would give you peace of mind, we could always propose a 'trial' period for a couple of weeks and if any of us felt differently at the end of that time we could go our separate ways.

We would be grateful if you would also give us a brief run-down of your sailing experience and your expectations for the journey - including financing and a list of some roles/functions we may be asked to perform.

We look forward to hearing from you

Nina & Richie
Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: anacortes
Default crew position

Hi,

Saw your post. Are you still looking for crew? Where are you now?

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm interested in joining your crew.

Here’s some info about me.

I sailed Hobie Cats as a kid. Sailed whenever I could get on a boat, weekly club races on Long Island Sound and Puget Sound, crewed from Guatamala to Florida, bare-boat chartered in the Caribbean and Tahiti. Had my own boat, a Catalina 30, and "cruised" the San Juans and Gulf Islands five months each of the past few summers, single-handed and on the hook. Winters I was living on her at the marina.

Graduated from UCSB and then went traveling, chasing mountains around the world. Have spent about 15 years abroad, mainly in South Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Central America. Worked on and off for Stanford University during the 1980s. Have lived east coast, west coast and in between. Have done a lot of bicycle and motorcycle touring. Interested in nature, especially birdwatching, mushrooming, fishing/crabbing. Just sold my house, gonna miss my vegetable garden. I love reading.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat

I've decided to get more seriously into boating. I bought my first boat a few years ago and the learning curve has been incredible. I knew wind and sails, sailing lingo and how to handle a boat, but now it's all about safety and systems and the responsibilities of a captain. Best way to learn is hands-on. But now I’m boatless again and am looking for the opportunity to sail with others and learn more about boats. My dream is to sail to Alaska. And then who knows.

I sold my Catalina 30 not too long ago, but now looking to get back and more deeply into sailing. Very interested to learn more about all aspects of boating. Would appreciate the opportunity to help out on your boat, get more experience and knowledge, and have fun. Thanks.

And if you have the time, where in SE Asia are sailing hubs where one would have a good chance of finding crew positions. I figure to just go with my kitbag and prowl the marinas. Thanks.

Jack Whittemore

p.s. I’m healthy, unencumbered and financially secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar View Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: Tralee

Hi There,
Just saw your post and I would be very much interested!

I can provide you with more information if you are still looking for crew!

Awaiting your reply,
Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #10
Ensign

Home Port: San Diego

I once owned an IOR (International Ocean Racer) a 44' Davidson. (In fact Jimmy Connors sailed on my boat once) I can't crew due to commitments and my abilities have waned since I was last at sea about 17 years ago - but I am very interested in this thread - would love to know WHO you decide to choose to crew with you and I would truly enjoy to "follow" along via email or a site if there is a way to do this.

You can email me at: terrisinclair@att.net

Would love to read/hear the outcome of this adventure....

Would this be possible?

Tags
crew wanted