Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Ensign

Home Port: grenoble
Default Join the crew from Japan to Alaska

Hello, I just read your post and I am very spirited about joining the crew.
I am a 23 years old french man who just finished his degree in mechanical engineering and fluid mechanics. I am now traveling east through Europe and Asia. The first step of my trip was a long trek through the Alps in between my place (Grenoble) and Vienna. I am now riding a bike to Istambul and my plan so far is to reach Japan through Georgia Russia Kazakstan Kirghizistan and China. Your journey is a perfect continuation of mine.

I spent most of my lifetime in the mountains and alpinism is a big thing in my life. I love the feeling of being confronted to the elements and have always looked the oceans with fascination. Though I have already been onboard, I can t say that I have any sailing experience and am fully aware that for such a big adventure it could be a must. Though you ve been writing that motivation could make the difference and I am eagger to go!

About my ability to:
-live in a rather small place: I have been working in a hut at 4000m high on the mont blanc for 2 month in a team of 5 people in a very rough and remote environnment.
-handle dodgy situation with calm: I have been part of a mountain rescue team on the mont-blanc.
- handle bad weather and still smile: I have been studying for a year in Scotland which made me waterproof.
- speak foreign languages: I can speak happily french and english, have a chance to be understood in german and spanish and expect to be able to get some survival skills in russian before I reach Japan.
- learn the sailing skills: I am an easy learner and if that can help I know some rope work from climbing and understand the physical laws behind the sailing process from my studies.
-cook: Cooking was part of my job in the hut on the mont-blanc plus I am french and I love it
-being entertaining: I am trying to learn to play the harmonica but I am for sure laking talent.
-Have the money: I gathered 10000 euros for my journey and so far I manage to spend 300 a month which means that in the worst case I should still have 5000 for the sailing.
-First Aid: I have been through the first aid training 4 years ago and should remember the basics.
-find the fun part of a rough situation: I am quite good at that.

I don t know what else could be worth telling but if you have any question, I ll be glad to answer.

I am a spirited and trustworthy man and I really hope that you will give me the chance to be part of this adventure. I can not check internet often since I am on my way but I should be able to do it at least once every 2nd week and I am looking forward to hear from you: redor_ivan@hotmail.fr +33637662859.

Bon vent!

Ivan

Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #22
Ensign

Home Port: Anchorage
Default When you get to Alaska

I wanted to make this voyage but got caught up in some business. I live in Anchorage and I'd like to be on your yacht when you depart from Anchorage back to Homer. I'll only have a few days, but am looking to get a taste of sailing and would like to bring my girlfriend. I'll treat you to some hospitality and a beer if you (and your crew) want to meet up to talk about your adventure! I could even get a group together if you want to present some photos of what you have done so far. Send me a message and I'll provide my phone for when you get here.

Jerami

Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #23
Ensign

Home Port: rome

Hi JTaucher, have you really worked in a salmon boat? in Alaska? Can you give anycontact? thaks

Tags
crew wanted