Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Capt'n

Home Port: Port Douglas
Vessel Name: S/V Travesty
Default Crew Wanted … Nth Quensland to Darwin.

Departing first week of April, join the boats by 30 March.

We are plan to sail, (coast hopping), from Port Douglas to Thursday Island in the Torres Straights, then across the Gulf to Gove and then coast hop on to Darwin. This is to be a trip of exploring new places and enjoying the journey, laid back with as little pressure as possible.

We are … Lex skipper of a 42 foor sloop and Jeff skipper of a 45 foot ketch ... sailing in company with relaxed and easy going people. Besides us we have 3 crew and are looking for 1 or 2 more people to join us on this 6 week adventure trip to Darwin.

Male … female … or couple, age and experience level open.

At the end of this trip I will be doing a side trip down to the Kimberly Islands for a few weeks and I will have an extra berth available as well for that trip.

Want to know more ??? Message me and lets see where it goes.

Lexx

Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Sydney

Hi Lexx,

I'm really excited for this adventure. There is some beautiful and remote country up there and to appreciate it from the sea will be a perspective most people just wouldn't get the chance to witness. SV Travesty looks like a beautiful blue water yacht - very seaworthy - and no doubt comfortable in the winter trades that whip up the coast and over the top. You've picked a good time for the trip.

I encourage anyone who is considering signing up for this trip to do it. Juggle your life and take a slight risk because this kind of adventure doesn't pop up everyday.

I'll be crewing on this adventure and even though I have limited experience I have no doubt that I'll be in safe hands with Lex and Jeff. All of my communications with them so far have left me in no doubt that they are good people, looking for a fun trip with other easy -going and adventurous folk.

As Mark Twain penned -
'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.'

Catch you on board,

Pete.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Aiken

Hello Lexx,
My name is Daniel. Im a 24yr old USMC Infantry Veteran and a GREEN Sailing enthusiast. I purchased my boat, Lois Ann, last october and since have made only one trip. ICW at that. So you see i am without the seafaring experience I'm in need of. I have a true love for adventure and an old love for the sea. Im a quick learner, hard worker, and know the basics of sailing a 28ft sloop solo coastal cruising. Skills would be such:
-in depth knowledge in combat life saving medical skills (if you get punctured or broken, ive got the stuff and the know how)
- cooking (ive made plenty of quick easy meals)
- jokes (i do these things)

Please ask whatever questions you have.
Sincerely,
Daniel G.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
Capt'n

Hi Daniel,
The trip should be a lot of fun and the actual experience will probably be like nothing you could imagine before hand. Remember we will be isolated for the most part, deserted beaches, uninhabited coast lines. Only 4 stops where there is any kind of community. Lizard Island, Portland Roads, Thursday Island and Gove. The rest of the time we will be anchoring in more remote locations.

I wonder where you are now ? Would you be able to travel to Port Douglas in North Queensland around March 29 for an April 2nd departure ? Would you have the relevant visa for the length of stay required ? Do you have the means to head off on your own way once we reach Darwin ? We wouldn't want you to be stranded in Darwin at the end of the trip.

There is a cost involved, it is share expenses, $20 a day as well as a deposit to secure your place on the yacht. A deposit is unfortunately necessary because the last trip I did, there were 4 of us going and 2 dropped out being no shows at the last minute leaving us posted and necessitating a delay to find replacements. If for some reason the trip is cancelled or postponed unreasonably by us, your deposit would be fully refunded.

Please private message me your email address and I will send you some more information and my contact details.

Lexx
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Queensland , Gold Coast
Default " im in "

Im looking forward to this trip , Ill second what Pete said , going to be a great episode in my life . Thanks Lexx
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
Capt'n

Good on ya guys ... we still have one or two places available of Jeff's yacht. We don't believe in overcrowding. I have 3 on my boat including me and Jeff has two including him so he has space for an extra person or couple. I may have a lead on one guy.

I am slowly working my way through my boat ... front to back, sorting and cleaning all lockers, another 3 or 4 days and it will be sorted with the crap I don't need or want gone.

After that my to do list only has 24 items on it and I should be able to knock that over in 10 or 12 easy days ... but by then I bet there will be items added as well.

Anyway guys I am really looking forward to this trip and if there is a level headed, easy going person out there, guy or gal or couple ... who wants a unique experience for 6 weeks or so ... then please get in touch soon.

Lexx
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Capt'n

One more person wanted, male or female, or a couple.

Departing Port Douglas April 2, 2013. Arrive Darwin, mid May. Trip duration about 6 weeks.

Lots of fun, exploring and adventure ... don't miss out.

Lexx
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Capt'n

Due to one person not being able to come because of personal circumstances we now have a place for one more person, male or female, or a couple.

Departing Port Douglas April 2, 2013. Arrive Darwin, mid May. Trip duration about 6 weeks.

Lexx
Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Capt'n

We still have a place for one more person, male or female, or a couple.

Lexx

Tags
crew wanted, darwin