Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Chatham
Vessel Name: Katy Dee
Default Crew wanted: UK to Atlantic France

Islands and Estuaries of Atlantic France
Crew required: From UK to the islands and estuaries of Atlantic France for 3+ months starting early June 2013. We expect to visit the magical islands of Archipel des Glénan, Belle Île, Île de Groix, Île de Noirmoutier, Île d’Yeu, Île de Ré, Île de L’Oleron, and also Golfe du Morbihan, La Rochelle, and possibly Ouessant, Île-Molène, Île de Sein, etc, etc. A visit to Lundy Island and the Isles of Scilly is also included for the return trip in early September. You do not need to know anything about sailing, other than that you like it. Ability to speak French is not essential. However, you do need to enjoy life afloat, exploring islands and estuaries, and preferably make a small contribution towards running costs. The big questions are, “Is this you?” and “Do you have the time?”
RogerLloyd.

Required Answers
1. “Katy Dee”, Barry, Wales.
2. Westerly Konsort 29’.
3. Yes.
4. Owner = skipper.
5. Skipper + 1 or 2.
6. 0.
7. N/A.
8. 0.
9. Barry.
10. Barry.
11. 1st June 2013.
12. 3+ months.
13. La Rochelle.
14. Full participation as crew.
15. Nil.
16. $22.
17. This covers equal share of food, fuel and marina costs, not maintenance, nor profit, not travel to-and-from the boat, not alcohol, not eating and drinking ashore.
18. To the islands and estuaries of Atlantic France, Isles of Scilly and Lundy Island.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Austin

RogerLloyd,

If you still have room in early June I'd love to take you up on your generous offer, but it will depend on a lot of circumstances. At the moment I'm trying to find a transatlantic passage from the USA - if that does happen I think I would rather take a break from the ocean and explore the mainland, but if it doesn't and I fly over I'd be all for it!

When would you like me to inform you by?

Best of luck finding a crew,
Max

You can find more info on me here - http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f60...rope-7580.html

Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Looking to join a crew

Home Port: Merrick
Default Ahoy

RogerLloyd,

Hello! My name is Evan and I am interested in your post about your trip to France. Was wondering if you still have room on board. I am in NY right now but getting to the UK would be no problem. My email is edelitsky@yahoo.com if that makes it easier. Your trip sounds exciting! Thanks and good luck.

-Evan
Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi Max,
29 May would be the latest.
Roger
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
Ensign