Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: byron bay
Vessel Name: peachy keen
Default cruising around australia.

Hey guys,
I am an Aussie, 25yo and just bought myself a really sound little yacht. i have been living on her the past 6 months and plan to sail around AUS piece by piece in no rush at all. i may stay in some locations to work, i may breeze through. planning to head north to the whitsundays and cairns in the next month if any one wants to join for some sailing or meet up along the way.
currently in sydney i should be in byron and ready to go in the next few weeks.. plans are subject to change on the weather of course, i will only sail in good weather for now and also if i am having fun in one place then no point rushing off..
She is a 32ft nicholson, room for 4 single berths but could be a bit crowded. i just spent 2 months on the same model of yacht with 3 people and had a ball!
Im pretty out going and outdoorsy so always up for some adventuring and a beer at the end of the day.
I have decided that i want the boat dry when im actually sailing though..

also anyone who has had experience solo sailing or living aboard who has any tips or advice would love to hear from you.

the goal is to keep sailing and live on the boat from now on and work when i need to to support it.

Feel free to send me an email for more details.

Blake

Old 07-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Ready, Willing, and Able

Home Port: Fort Worth

Blake,
That sounds like a grand adventure and I wish I had done something like that at your age!

Just wishing you the best of weather and luck!

You only live once, so enjoy it!

Old 07-05-2014, 03:50 AM   #3
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

Wish I'd done it at 25. I've been living aboard now for two years, still trying to get one of my el-cheapo yachts up to snuff for sailing. Finances are the issue.

Hints? You can make a lot of cheap and tasty tasty dishes on a single burner camping stove with a few onions, some garlic paste, instant sate rice, canned beans/peas/corn/tomatoes/tuna/pineapple and dried noodles. :-)

Alan Lucas' coastal cruising books are almost a necessity, especially for bars and entrances. I also wouldn't leave home without at least VHF radio, AIS receiver and GPS unless you're trained in traditional navigation and have a set of up-to-date paper charts. And even then it would be masochism to use them for coastal cruising. These days OpenCPN on a laptop is a far better alternative.

Waiting for the right weather is an excellent idea, but be prepared physically and mentally to handle rough times too, they can happen unexpectedly. Most of all, have a good time, and post your adventures when you can. It's a great life!

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #4
Sef
Ensign

Home Port: Cairns
Default Competent crew (couple) looking for great boat

Hey there!

We are couple (30 and 25 yo), with a vast knowledge of the sea and surroundings...Been sailing in the Med, Caribbean, SE Asia, and E Australia. I'm a Yacht-Master, sailing on different sized mono hulls, cats and trimaran.
We are both hard working, knowledgable of the need and duties during the time on the water, especially when making way. We are open minded, out going, happy and funny people, that take great pleasure in discovering the remote places on this planet!
We are qualified in marine sciences, and alternative medicine, so for sure have interesting conversations and experiences...
Not sure if you are on your way or not, so if you are still in need for the right people to make this amazing trip happen, give us call/email!
0410936977; sefamoon@gmail.com

We can elaborate further about whatever! We are currently in Cairns, QLD, but can easily meet wherever!

Hope to hear from you soon!
May the wind be always behind you...

Cheers,
Sef

Tags
australia, cruising