Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Denver
Default DC to Boston, Seeking Crew

1. Boat Name, Hailing Port, including country: Rogue, Washington DC, USA

2. Type and size of boat: Paceship PY 26'

3. Will the boat's owner be aboard (Yes):

5. How many other crew will be aboard during this passage: 0-1

6. How many children will be aboard during this passage: 0

8. How many pets (and type) will be aboard during this passage: 0

9. Present boat location (Port including Country): DC

10. Starting point of passage advertised for crew: DC, the Potomac, or I can possibly pick you up on the lower Chesapeake

11. Approximate date trip will start (month/year): June 22

12. Approximate length of trip: two-three weeks. I am potentially willing to stop at specific harbors for people wishing to make only part of the trip.

13. Expected destination of trip: Boston

14. Duties crew member will be expected to perform: lookout, handle sails, steer a heading; able crewmember may navigate and stand watch.

15. Desired sailing experience level for crew member to already have: experience is welcome but not necessary. If none, applicant should have some familiarity at least with extended outdoors "roughing it" or work that is demanding and potentially dangerous.

16. Expected daily cost-share for trip (in US Dollar): $5

17. Skipper states that the expected daily cost-share stated is for FOOD only and doe not include fuel, boat operating costs, marina fees, or any other expenses of cruising nor for profit (yes)

Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Pittsburgh
Default Current Location?

Hello Rogue,

My name is Vincent and I've just come across your post looking for crew on passage to Boston. As it appears you're already underway, I'm wondering what your current location is and if you'd be interested in taking me on as another crew member for some duration until Boston.

I am a 21yo student at the University of Pittsburgh but just returned from a semester studying in New Zealand so have a few weeks of free time and looking to sail. I've been sailing my entire life on everything from dinghies, Hobies, trailerboats, large cruisers, and most recently a T750 sportboat racing team in Wellington, NZ. I'm currently in Allentown, PA, just north of Philly, but can meet you along the coast if you come into port and hop aboard.

I do not have long-distance sailing experience for more than an overnight, but I'm quite confident on a keelboat and can contribute to most every facet of maintaining the vessel from prior experience racing and cruising. I'm also a half decent cook if that makes a difference too, and I don't snore or get seasick! I spend a lot of time outdoors climbing, hiking, biking, kayaking, sailing, etc etc so have no problem "roughing it" as you said....in fact, I rather prefer that lifestyle anyways.

If you're interested in picking up another crew, please feel free to reach me via phone (4845508122) or email (vincent.mattiola@gmail.com) and we can talk further.