Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Ocean Senior Sailor

Home Port: Auckland
Default Delivery crew required skipper and a crew member. NZ

NZ Delivery crew required skipper and a crew member.

New boat owner help required.

"Owner done 3 passages to/ from the islands as crew and coastal cruising.

Boat fairly well set up new life raft to be confirmed [ - hiring sat phone - new flares - epirb.
{ Airfares and bus fares to and from vessel }

Free on board and a meal and drinks at Tutukaka, yacht club at owners expenses / shout on arrival from the south. Would consider other requests I think

Details

473 47ft twin wheel Beneteau.

Skipper to File a trip report.

Two experienced crew members required with verifiable references. One to be the skipper. Owner will be on board.

Skipper to decide whether a Compulsory port call Wellington Napier for weather isobar map and 4 day weather forecasts before setting sail for northland..

East coast the winds would be off shore not on shore as per the west coast and from SW and in all probability would have no windward sailing.

Hand held VHFs and cell phones with water proof packaging, your own. Vessel has Fixed and non fixed vhf radios no SSB radio.

New Flares.

Clip on Life lines . Bow to stern port and starboard.to be mandatory.
This is a reasonable size monohull boat and the trip would look good on a any CV.

Departure date would be with a slow moving large high pressure weather system slow moving onto the country with isobars, wide apart that would give the vessel and crew south to south west or SE winds, running, reaching conditions for 3 days or more. Then possibly east to NE winds then on with no tropical depressions on south pacific climate weather maps, and sat photos.

Fixed vhf, no ssb, new hand held vhf, new EPIRB, new cat 1 flare kit, RFD life raft and rented, which means it would be fully in service [12 month which would show on the service sticker by an authorized service provider, probably air nz ] sat phone, fixed Raymarine chartplotter with radar.

Vessel is the last Beneteau 473 imported new to NZ end of 2005 one owner with little use Nelson [ ? ]

Post, phone numbers and personal experience details, references for consideration.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Phil, you're an experienced ocean sailor, is this your vessel? Aren't you skippering?

Details of the trip would be an advantage: Starting point, destination, expected date of departure, etc.

I understand what you're saying about weather window. Having sailed those waters before and knowing that a Bendytoy 473 does fairly well to windward I wouldn't be that concerned about wind direction but I'd want to know there are no stray cyclones. Is there a method to obtain GRIB files on board? i.e. I'd want to have the satphone connected to a laptop with a GRIB viewer at least. With a VHF you could pick up the metservice forecasts but they are a complete work of fiction in my experience.

Tags
crew, delivery