Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Ensign

Need at least two crew members to bring Twilight home to San Francisco. We started in Charleston, South Carolina July 5th, 2009 and planned on a four month trip, but ended up having too much fun and made it as far as Gulfito, Costa Rica. We decided to fly home for the holidays and finish the trip after the new year. Headed back to Costa Rica on January 5th or 6th and then we will start to make the trek to California. We have a couple of ideas on how we will do this trip and are always open to different options/ideas. Twilight is a 60 foot wooden sloop. She is a classic 10 meter originally built in 1926 and was rebuilt in 1991. Check out our website to see pictures and read the blog of our trip. http://twilightcharleston.com Cost to join vessel and repatriation will be the responsibility of you. Captain will supply food and beverages (non-alcoholic) aboard boat. Looking for people with off shore sailing experience. Duties are watches and sail handling. We are an engaged 39 year old couple who enjoy sailing and having fun. We eventually plan on sailing to Alaska, Hawaii . . . around the world

Old 12-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Ensign

Hello,

My name is Vincent, male, 27. I am looking to crew on a sailboat beginning in January. Sailing a great leg of the pacific coast sounds very interesting to me and I would like to discuss the details if my profile fits your needs.

Here's a quick description of me. See your personnal messages for more info!

I have good sailing experiences including a transatlantic crossing from France to USA, via the Azores and the Bermudas and a couple of boat deliveries in Canada and the US. I am a Mechanical Engineer and Aircraft Construction Technician. I also took a marine diesel mechanic course last year (I think I can give a great hand on a sailboat). I speak fluent French and English, intermediate Spanish. I cook well and participate in all onboard tasks (no worries!). I have good knowledge of naviguation and can keep watches without problem during night. I can provide references and marine resume upon request.

Please let me know if my profile fits your need. You can reply to me at vincent_._turcotte_._1_at_ens_._etsmtl_._ca if you wish to discuss the details about the trip.

Best regards,

Vincent

Old 01-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Ensign

Hi I am a 63 yr old retired vet. Have a lifelong interest in sailing. Would love to join your adventure!

I have a little experience at sailing, found out that I can navigate a little, I abosrb instuctions and information like a sponge. I have a lifetime of experience standing to responsability. Can stand any watch.........sleep later as needed. I am a decent cook, good fixer upper, good listener, play a mean game of cribbage, and male good coffee. Character and integrity references are available for the asking

feel free to email me with your phone and I'll call and we can chat. or look me up I am listed.

Al Voisine

Phoenix, AZ

Tags
costa rica