Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: jacksonville
Default Looking for crew help

looking for some one who is in good shape to help me sail from florida to the philippines this fall, little experince would be helpful in sailing , so i hope to here from some one out there who would be into a long trip that is up for some serious travels i have a 41 ft morgan sailboat , im license captain for 38 years and orperated frieghters up till last year, i have made 2 crossings already to the philippines with my morgan, i cant pay a anyone but i can provide foods to eat, but any other expenses you will have to pay yourself, so hope to here from some one who is serious on makeing long trips who likes to sail the seas, thanks
Jason

Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: panama city, florida
Vessel Name: pearson

jason, you called me last night, and your first call i was with my mother...and i got your message on the second call, but my phone was not receiving a signal, and it did not ring....i would really like to go with you to the phillipines...will you please call me back or pass your number and i will call you...thank you, and sorry i missed your last call Ronan...417-213-6343

Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: panama city, florida
Vessel Name: pearson

jason. ronan here,i will have my phone on me all day today...sorry you have been missing me...417-213-6343
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
ran
Ensign

Home Port: adeje

Hi my name is Randi Cuppini i am from Denmark but right now i live on Tenerife. I have blue book from Navy school an have previously been sailing on coasters bulkcarriers but not for the last 17 years due to childbirth. I have 6 months of experience in 1989 on a skooner I am 41 and fully fit to sail all my pabers are recently updated inclusive health a test with no remark
Old 06-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: east coast

Good day. My friend Beth and I are sailorettes, surfers, backpackers, musicians, and cooks. We would love to crew if you can make room for 2. We are practically one. We have a few week long trip experiences, can keep watch and man the sails
Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Ny
Default Philliines fall trip..

Hi Jason,
Fully committed to long trips and Willing to shares cost if necessary. I left you a voice mail ...hope hearing from you just let me know either way. Cheers. Chris.
917 880.08.49
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Toronto
Default exactly the experience I'm looking for

Hi Jason,

Wondering if you're still looking for crew. Please contact me if you are. I am a formally trained Chef and Sommelier. I have American Sailing Association certifications, levels 101 to 105, and I'll probably have level 106 by the time you're ready to depart. I also wrote and passed the USCG OUPV Captain's license exam and I completed the STCW '95.

I did all of these certifications any chance I could get away from the restaurants I was working in, that's why I have certifications and not much sea time. This trip is exactly what I'm looking for- serous sea time, learning from an experienced Captain.

Sincerely,

Jason
Toronto, Canada
Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Boracay
Default Pacific Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason-h View Post
looking for some one who is in good shape to help me sail from florida to the philippines this fall, little experince would be helpful in sailing , so i hope to here from some one out there who would be into a long trip that is up for some serious travels i have a 41 ft morgan sailboat , im license captain for 38 years and orperated frieghters up till last year, i have made 2 crossings already to the philippines with my morgan, i cant pay a anyone but i can provide foods to eat, but any other expenses you will have to pay yourself, so hope to here from some one who is serious on makeing long trips who likes to sail the seas, thanks
Jason
Jason,
my name is Rudi and I live on BORACAY ISLAND, Philippines. I decided to have a boat here on the island, therefore I want to buy a boat in the US, Pacific Coast or HI in order to sail her to the Philippines. I looked already in HI but without success (not seaworthy ), so I have to buy in US mainland now.
I want to ask you, if we could do the crossing together.
But I don't like to go in typhoon season, which u might hit if u are going in fall??
Would be nice if you would share your experience.
R
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: Paris

Hello Jason,

I saw your ad on cruiserlog.com.

Regardless that the dates have passed, I am otherwise contacting you for eventual future trips.

I am looking for the opportunity to travel by boat and gain experience, even if I don't suit your crew needs, if you happen to know of another boat looking for crew, it would be much appreciated to let me know.

I don't have much sailing experience but do have more on motor boats. The experience has been all in France, almost completely canals and rivers, some time at the helm but more deckhand-type stuff going through the locks and under winching bridges. Some time navigating in the Paris area. I have licenses for French pleasure boats- one for canals and rivers and one for coastal. As I've spent much time on a small island, I am very comfortable with the ocean.

I have a somewhat unusual job history which includes experience on pleasure boats in France, linguistics, tourism, and fine arts, a combination that I am convinced is an asset in the multi- tasking world of boating.

I have studied and worked in both Italy and France. I speak fluent English, French, and Italian; I currently live much of the time in Europe.

Please contact me if you would like more details of my background if needed.

Regards,
Michelle