Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
Ensign

HI Barbara and Jim,

it sounds like you two are a lovely couple with a great voyage. We would love to join you on your trip to Europe by June and would be very much interested in cruising the Caribean beforehand. We would be available from the end of November. We wouldn't mind skinny dipping either ;-)

please find a few more details on us below and an attached photo. Let us know if you have any more questions.

fair winds for your sailing, cheers, martin and wenda

If you are looking for a capable, easy-going, responsible deckhand that can cook and is smart enough for interesting discussions after work, your search is over. I've got TWO matches on offer.

My partner (Wenda, 33) and I (Martin, 33) would like to join you where ever you are some time between end November 2008 and end Mai 2009.

We're currently living in Melbourne/Australia, where we have just finished our PhDs in Biology and Hydrogeology, respectively. We are originally from Germany and came to Australia 5 years ago.

My life long dream is to live on a sailing boat and I'd like to offer educational adventure holidays to tourists combining my passions sailing, scuba-diving and marine biology. Six years ago, I had the opportunity to crew for 3 month on a British private yacht (Moody 36) between Cairns/Australia and Singapore. This trip changed my dream into a concrete plan. It was bloody fantastic!

Wenda, unfortunately, hasn't had the opportunity yet to find out whether a life 'on board' suits her, too. That is why we want to crew on your sailing vessel before investing in one of our own.

Skills we bring:

both of us:

- quick learners, hands-on personalities

- optimistic, easy-going characters

- good cooks

- willing to do all necessary work on and under deck

- fluent in English (well, Australian and German

- entertaining hobby: acrobalance (an acrobatic circus art)

Martin:

- widely accepted German licence (Sportbootfuehrerschein), legalising the driving of non-commercial vessels up to 15 metric tons (with or without motor).

- 3000 sm crewing experience on a Moody 36 sailing boat

- scuba-diving for 17 years (can teach, but don't have licence to issue certificates)

Wenda:

- advanced Spanish language skills

- entertaining hobby: playing the guitar

- healthy hobby for exhausted bodies: Yoga (11 years)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martin_wenda_small.jpg (118.3 KB, 31 views)

Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 AM   #16
Ensign

If you haven't filled your crew needs yet I'd love to talk. I am 48 y/o and RYA Yachtmaster certified though by itself that doesn't mean too much. I haven't made an Atlantic crossing and am eager to go.

I'm in the US but have sailed the coast of Portugal from Lagos Eastward to Gibraltar and a bit beyond. Current plans are to take my family sailing in the Western med this summer starting around July 5. Your schedule looks like it could dovetail nicely and I could leave you guys anywhere from Portugal and travel overland or help as far as Gibraltar.

If along the US coast I can make a visit so we could get to know each other and see if its a fit. I'm easy company and very responsible so no concerns there.

Curry

Old 11-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Ensign

Hi Jim and Barbara!

We are Marco (50) and Renata 41. We live aboard our 43 sloop on the Mediterranean, but only may through sept. We are planning a trip to the Carribean during next jan and feb, looking for crewing opportunities, but we can also help you crossing the pond in may. Next summer you will be on the Med, any way...so we can meet!

We are cat lovers and naturists. Marco is a professional skipper and Renata a wonderful cook. We do not smoke and actually hate cigarettes...

We are Italians, but both fluent in English. We speak some French and Spanish as well.

Our email: gattomivco@yahoo.it

All the best

Marco and Renata
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cala_dalmazia.jpg (23.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #18
David N. Willems

Home Port: St. Thomas
Send a message via Yahoo to davidNwillems

I am very interested, I'll send my resume as soon as I get your email address, I am davidNwillems@yahoo.com . Thank you.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
Ensign

Good morning;

Just now found your crew wanted posting and would like to throw my hat into the ring. My qualifications are:
  • 19 years sailing in the Great Lakes. Currently cruise extensively on restored 35' sloop, mostly single handed.
  • Numerous ocean passages including one Pacific crossing as Second Mate, two Pacific crossings as First Mate, a Caribbean delivery as First Mate, and an Atlantic crossing. All passages on yachts over 45'. Reference letter attached.
  • Past "Sailing & Safety at Sea" Instructor for the U.S. Navy Sea Cadets.
  • Excellent watch standing, navigating, sail trim, and yacht management skills.
  • Skilled ships systems and diesel mechanic.
  • Certified in CPR, First Aid, and scuba.
  • Speak Spanish & Polish
  • Extensive world travel in business and sailing
  • Young 53 years old. Excellent health. Non smoker, exercise daily. Photo attached
  • Married (35 years), 2 grown children; son is Naval officer (Lt.Commander); daughter is financial analyst in D.C.
  • Well read, good conversationalist, easy going & passable cook
Like you, for past passages the owners & I have always met first to ensure compatibility. I can travel to meet you wherever you are at the appropriate time.

Best regards,

Al Lankford

1523 Avondale Drive

Green Bay WI 54313

920-265-0941

alankford@new.rr.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf W_Years___Lettera_Lankford.pdf (11.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf Al.jpg.pdf (33.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
Ensign

Hello, my name is Weston Lynch, I am looking for a position as a deckhand during a trans-atlantic voyage. My dates fit the dates you would like to travel. I need to be in Istanbul by July 12 at the latest for a wedding, but that should be no problem.

A little bit about myself:

I have work experience in both painting and construction, and have extensive hospitality experience from working in fine dining and hotels. I am a hard worker who loves a good challenge, and am always looking for something new to experience and interesting people to meet. I speak English fluently, Spanish conversationally, and am currently learning Turkish. I grew up learning how to manage small sailboats and catamarans (hobiecats), and have a real love for sailing. I enjoy cooking a great deal, and have had a job working at a camp as head cook, but cooking gourmet food is not my specialty. As I was in the Boyscouts, I have experience with knots, although they will need to be refreshed. Although I have never experienced an extended trip on a sailboat, I believe I would enjoy it immensely.

I will have just graduated college in early May and am hoping to spend some time, possibly years, working abroad teaching English and maybe working for peace in Israel/Palestine (although I dont really know how to go about this yet). Whatever I do, I know that the place I feel most at home is in unfamiliar surroundings and amongst challenges, even though they may be hard at the time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I will send a CV and picture upon request, and a phone interview is very doable.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
Ensign

Good day,

My name is Phillipe Chevalier, I have instructed sailing and raced competitively for many years. I am very interested in joining you accross the Atlantic in May. I have been keen to sail the Atlantic for years now and will have some time in May to go. Although I have extensive sailing expiernce and expertise, I have not had the oppurtunity to participate in many off shore adventures. I am a 26 year old investment professional currently residing in Toronto. I am very relaxed, I enjoy good food, wine and good coversation.

I can be reached by email at pchevali@connect.carleton.ca.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Phil
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #22
Ensign

Hi;

Is there any way to join you in Mediteranean sea sometime in summer.

What is your schedule for the summer?

Koli
Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #23
Ensign

Sailing across the wind...

Maybe you did not get you full crew.

If interested. ganji22_irie@hotmail.com whit experience.\thanks you.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
Ensign

Vessel Name: Eclipse

Hello Jim and Barbara,

SV Margurerite sounds a goodly vessel...

Re: crew ~ pls. check my Cruiser Log profile as Eclipse and, if interested, drop me a line @ martin_h_samuel@hotmail.com

All the best,

Martin
Old 02-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #25
Ensign

Hi Marguerite,

are you still looking for crew for the Atlantic crossing in May? I am very very interested in joining you. I am a German national but currently living in the US. I would like to forward you my sailing resume if you are interested.

berdt@gmx.net

Michael
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Ensign

Hello, my name is Weston Lynch, I am looking for a position as a deckhand during a trans-atlantic voyage. My dates fit the dates you would like to travel. I need to be in Istanbul by July 12 at the latest for a wedding, but that should be no problem.

A little bit about myself:

I have work experience in both painting and construction, and have extensive hospitality experience from working in fine dining and hotels. I am a hard worker who loves a good challenge, and am always looking for something new to experience and interesting people to meet. I speak English fluently, Spanish conversationally, and am currently learning Turkish. I grew up learning how to manage small sailboats and catamarans (hobiecats), and have a real love for sailing. I enjoy cooking a great deal, and have had a job working at a camp as head cook, but cooking gourmet food is not my specialty. As I was in the Boyscouts, I have experience with knots, although they will need to be refreshed. Although I have never experienced an extended trip on a sailboat, I believe I would enjoy it immensely.

I will have just graduated college in May and am hoping to spend some time, possibly years, working abroad teaching English and maybe working for peace in Israel/Palestine (although I dont really know how to go about this yet). Whatever I do, I know that the place I feel most at home is in unfamiliar surroundings and amongst challenges, even though they may be hard at the time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I will send a CV and picture upon request, and a phone interview is very doable.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #27
Ensign

Hi there,

Abbrev. CV

Andrew Teufel - passed the big 40

Stoney Creek, Ontario

Mostly around the buoys in lake ontario

Little Blue Water in the Phillipine Sea. Trip cut short

Boat Handling - excellent

Navigation - Good

Diesel - so so

Handy - Definately

Physical- I can do almost all things nec.

Night Watches -espresso or some strong coffee!

Smoking - damm things still have a hold on me. I can manage to swim and smoke at the same time though.

I'm not going anywhere to soon.

Thought it would be fun to start a conversation.

BTW My Mother - inlaw, lives in Nova Scotia

Andyteuf@yahoo.ca
Old 03-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #28
Ensign

Hello,

I know there are a lot of replies to this post, but I'm really hoping there's still a chance for this great experience.

I'm an 18 year old female who goes to Wellesley College, right outside Boston, probably majoring in Medical Anthropology but also studying German. I lived with my family for a year on a 40ft catamaran in the South Pacific, raced small FJ's all through high school and spent two weeks studying oceanography, while crewing, on a Brigandine ship in the Gulf of Maine a few years ago.

I also feel I'd be a great addition to the crew. I don't smoke or do drugs. I'm adventurous, independant and I love to explore new parts of the world. To me, happiness is travel and adventure.

I'm hoping to be able to join you in May (after final exams) in DC. It would be so exciting! Also, my mother is from outside Mannheim, and I still have family there, so I'm planning on visiting family in Germany in late July/August. (I would take the train inland)

Vielleicht kann ich auch mit Sie Deustch sprechen!

Please email me back if you're still looking for someone to help crew. I'd love to join you in your trans-atlantic crossing.

My email is cohlinge@wellesley.edu

Hoping to hear back from you,

Gutes Wetter!

Constance

Tags
atlantic, atlantic crossing, crew wanted, crossing, med