Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Brest
Default Transat'

Hi,

We are looking for someone that could join our 32 feet steel sailingboat for crossing the Atlantic from the Dominican rep. to Europe.
The departure might occur verry soon, latest 10/05/2013!

Contact me if interested...

Manuel

Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: eindhoven.HOL
Default transatlantic

Hello my name is Benno and currently travelling in Central America. With my bicycle I slowly roll around meeting local people, animals, culture, beautifull trees and estoy aprendiendo la idioma local :-)
To spend the summer in Holland again I would like to travel back to Europe by boat.
I allways enjoyed sailing and traveling by boat but I´m not very experienced in longdistance seatravels. But very confident I will like the experience.
So, my travel plans are very flexible. Right now I´m in Nicaragua, but planning to keep moving. Most of the time by bicycle but I don´t mind taking a bus to make some distance.
I would love to go overseas to scandinavia and cycle down from there on to Holland. But I would consider anywhere in Europe.

In normal life I live and work in Eindhoven , the Netherlands as a freelance creative carpenter,welder, furnituremaker, designer, exhibitionbuilder. I share my house with my girlfriend and two cats. Hopefully a dog soon.

I´m not smoking, like doing sports and eating cheese. Allthough I´m allready enjoying rice and beans for quite a while....

I would definately prefer to travel by sea than by air. Because for me it is not just something to travel these kind of distances and it seems kind of logical to take some time to do so. Some say the spirit can not travel faster than a horse...
Furthermore it seems to me a more active, more involved way of traveling. And probably cheaper too...
While cycling around here the journey is my destination, so that should also go for the journey home.
Hope to hear from you,
Benno Hartjes

Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Lieutenant

Home Port: the boat
Vessel Name: Skipping Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by manulakebarzh View Post
Hi,

We are looking for someone that could join our 32 feet steel sailingboat for crossing the Atlantic from the Dominican rep. to Europe.
The departure might occur verry soon, latest 10/05/2013!

Contact me if interested...

Manuel
You realize that you are talking about a hurricane season crossing of the Atlantic, don't you?
This is something that you should seriously reconsider. I doubt that there are any other boats considering leaving this late in the year for Europe, at least under 80 feet.
A hurricane at sea is an adventure to be missed; I can tell you that from experience.
facebook.com/svskippingstone
capta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: dublin

Hi
are you guys still looking for crew? Ive done the trans at in the other direction and now Im looking to get home to europe. Hope to hear from you.

Stephen
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Austin

Hey I'm available immediately but I would need to leave by the end of the month. If that interests you let me know and lets talk further!

Max
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Stockholm

Ah!
This sounds too good to be true.

We would love to share our journey with you and contribute to yours!

We are a couple with sailing experience.
We can be at your location anytime soon.
Will e-mail you our CV:s, references, etc.

I just finished up work in Dubai/London and my work will now fly me anywhere and the one thing I would like to do is sail with my man from the Caribbeans to Europe. He is in Florida working on boats, ready to go aswell. Cause of our displacement we didnt think it would be possible this year, but now my work set me free and I love the vibe of your little add and the fact that you are doing precisely what we long for.

Would love to talk to you on Skype or phone ASAP to see if its possible for us to align beginning of next week when my office is flying me out.

Looking forward to connect, get to know you and align our mission!

My e-mail: ekblad_sara@hotmail.com
My Skype: Sara Isabella Ekblad
My nr: +971 562 660 115
My facebook: Sara Isabella Ekblad

My reception is a bit random here, so please send me yours and I will call you up!

Blesssss!!!

Sara