Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Wanabee

Home Port: Wirral

Inncent that I am in matters of web forums, I'm feeling a little guilty because I've just had a bit of a thing with Cruiser Forum where I'm now known as SeeYa!

I'm not sure that there's anything more in it but it didn't seem to be that different to Cruiser Log which I'm told is not unusual in such matters! I also bumped into a couple of guys that I've seen around here so I'm not the only one!

Not really having the time for a wife and a mistress, I have to wonder if I should remain faithful or, maybe, explore a little more.

I also can't help but wonder if they're related or simply similar original responses to a common need.

See ya

Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Hi Peter

A forum on a particular topic fills a need for us to expand our knowledge on that topic. Many people pop in to a number of forums (on the same topic) and often just settle where they feel most comfortable. Because people move around a bit, discussion threads will cross-pollenate and is a good thing - to spread the "word" to the widest possible audience.

I believe that a lot depends on how a particular forum is administered - that makes members feel "comfortable". The busiest forum is not always the one that you may wish to assosiate with. I pop into a number of very large, busy forums from time to time and find that I have to wade through mounds of utter garbage to find a little useful information. These types of forums appeal to many - who enjoy the "banter" (good or bad).

Cruiser Log is one of the older cruising forums (we've seen a few come and go) and, although not the largest membership, is a good, friendly, knowledgeabe, loyal community.

It is a case of "slot in where you're comfortable and where there is good topic discussion".

It is good to have you here.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Admiral

Home Port: Who cares really...
Vessel Name: T
Send a message via Yahoo to Trim50

Peter,

I jump back and forth everyday...I often pick-up topics there and share them here or often the other way around. I find that Cruiser Forum is more US-based...more specifically California. I enjoy Cruiser Log because it is more international in my opinion and it gives me a chance to meet cruisers in locations that I plan to visit...Soon!

Ken
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
Admiral

That good old English idiom probably applies to all of us :-

"Horses for Courses"