Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Boston
Default Feedback on Nautical Kickstarter Campaign

Hi everyone

I am Luiz from Oceanus Brass. We are launching a nautical-focused Kickstarter campaign for a product we are developing (The Oceanus Brass Bow-Shackle Pen) and are trying to get feedback from experts who spend time on the water.

Would the community be willing to give us feedback on our campaign and what we could do better?

Old 04-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

I like the pen. Although at $100 it is more likely to be kept ashore in a safe place than shackled to a notebook at sea. As with many sailors, my chart table is virtually littered with all manner of pens and pencils.

I reiterate, I like the concept, but for me, its price would appear to outweigh its practicality.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:02 PM   #3

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

It looks like a gift item but agree that it would probably not be seen as having any utility at sea. It also looks like your kickstarter was last year (summer 2017) so I can imagine that you might be selling these by now. This looks to be an ideal item for someone with an automated CNC setup to make inexpensively. $100 seems a bit steep.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote