Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Admiral

Home Port: Who cares really...
Vessel Name: T
Send a message via Yahoo to Trim50

I know many of us have enjoyed Liz Clark’s wonderful logs over the past few years and she has been an inspiration to many of us who are preparing to get out there.

Unfortunately, Liz has encountered a serious hull delaminating issue with her Cal 40 that will require her to haul out again. If you follow her on a regular basis, you will know that she just spent months preparing for the second part of her circumnavigation.

Liz has never asked for any help…and judging from her character over the years of her voyage, she must be in a dire situation.

I plan to send her enough for at least a few gallons of epoxy and glass cloth.

http://www.wetsand.com/blogs/blog/20090510...yage_-2306.html

Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim50 View Post
I know many of us have enjoyed Liz Clark’s wonderful logs over the past few years and she has been an inspiration to many of us who are preparing to get out there.

Unfortunately, Liz has encountered a serious hull delaminating issue with her Cal 40 that will require her to haul out again. If you follow her on a regular basis, you will know that she just spent months preparing for the second part of her circumnavigation.

Liz has never asked for any help…and judging from her character over the years of her voyage, she must be in a dire situation.

I plan to send her enough for at least a few gallons of epoxy and glass cloth.

http://www.wetsand.com/blogs/blog/20090510...yage_-2306.html
Oh, my. We've enjoyed her posts so much. I can't believe she's having to haul out again

And, $5K--ouch! that has to hurt.

We can send her a bit from our Ebay money (selling boat parts we don't need...), I wish we could give her a hand with the work.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Admiral

Latitude 38 is helping out!

http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectro...1&dayid=271

Good on them!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #4

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim50 View Post
Latitude 38 is helping out!

http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectro...1&dayid=271

Good on them!
Oh, thank goodness

I want Liz to get on with her wonderful voyage as soon as possible. I'm glad that she's getting some help from these folks and some good press, too.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
Admiral

Agreed that this sailor has challenged the oceans and has written well of her voyages. Somewhere along the line it becomes apparent that the pen has paid for many miles.

The nice round figure of $5,000 needed just to solve one problem does not take care of tomorrow.

There are many just so deserving charities - there will come a time when the need for today will require a decision to liquidate the asset to survive tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
There are many just so deserving charities - there will come a time when the need for today will require a decision to liquidate the asset to survive tomorrow.
I believe this is the case for most everyone who has a passion. Even so, Liz is truely talented with words and increasingly so with the camera and surf board. She will overcome this and the next challenge because she exemplifies what most of us wish for in life.

Seeing as how Liz is from my alma mater (UC Santa Barbara), I feel obligated as a fellow sailor and Gaucho to follow her travels and lend a hand when needed...just as I do with Alex of Planet Blue Sphere and Chis & Julie Mays S/V Cisnecito...and a growing list of other UCSB grads setting sail.

Liz is no charity...if you help it is because you want to see and read the next chapter of a life being well lived.