Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Ensign

I really want my own boat, and i want something that is really small, and cheap (under 2000, under 1000 would be even better) Something with like.. one sail, and can be controled by one person. All i have is a lake here to sail in. What is a good little boat anyone knows of?

Chiko

Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Admiral

Chikokishi,

Sometime ago I had the privilege of making a small dinghy under the guidance of Dynamite Payson at the Wooden Boat School in Maine.

He has plans and will give very good advice on what is called the "STITCH & GLUE" method of construction -- HERE is his Website,

Hope he is still around.

Regards

Richard

Old 06-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Ensign

Find a good used Sunfish and I'm sure you can find them with trailer ready to go under a $1000 and great for small lakes. When I went looking for a sail boat I would have been more then happy to find one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikokishi View Post
I really want my own boat, and i want something that is really small, and cheap (under 2000, under 1000 would be even better) Something with like.. one sail, and can be controled by one person. All i have is a lake here to sail in. What is a good little boat anyone knows of?

Chiko