Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

My impending move aboard 'Belinda', has seen me selling many boat related items which have been stored (some for many years) in my shed. I am not selling 'junk', but have provided some sailors with genuine bargains. Everybody wins!

Without wanting to sound a bit 'girlie', this makes me feel good. But the unexpected benefit of many of these transactions (usually through ebay) has been the feedback I have received from good, honest people who are readying their own boats for future adventures.

It goes without saying that I invite them all to log in to CL to enhance their cruising/sailing experiences.

Basically, people are decent.

David.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post

Basically, people are decent.

David.
Very true David, but particularly so in the cruising fraternity. Oh, we have our bad eggs too but I have met so very many nice cruisers. Why does this way of life attract so many people of diverse background, wealth, political inclinations etc with the common denominator of the sea, cruising and, well, being friendly?

Aye

Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Very true David, but particularly so in the cruising fraternity. Oh, we have our bad eggs too but I have met so very many nice cruisers. Why does this way of life attract so many people of diverse background, wealth, political inclinations etc with the common denominator of the sea, cruising and, well, being friendly?

Aye

Stephen
Hi

I think that when people board their boats they change . They tend to leave the domestic problems at home

> I have found that it doesn't matter whether your at anchor or in a marina we all have the same outlook on life.

The boat becomes the common denominator.

They say if you want to meet people at home buy a dog. Dog owners will always speak to one another they have something in common (even picking up the droppings in a little plastic bag)

I personally think that the sailing cruising fraternity is more friendlier than any other section of our sport. theres always someone willing to help.

The racing scene (and Ive been there) are really only interested in racing and once you sidetrack from that then your not really tolerated, especially if you havent been out and participated in that particular race etc..

Motorboaters cant seem to understand us rag and stick merchants they want to arrive 5 minutes before theyve left, Consequently they end up charging all over the ocean so they can work out how many litres per mile the boats doing

Steve