Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Poop Deck
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #99
Lieutenant

Steve Yrvind is a genius for me , and I am watching him in his attempt now......wow!!!!!

I wanted to build a boat long time ago , not now , not any more......and for sure not ferro-cement!

Storfidras boats , are very rare on the market ( even in Sweden) and very expensive .My boat was not cheap , but was what I could afford that time. If I think now , the distance and all the troubles.......hmmmm , better was to buy one in Holland or in Portugal , more expensive , but same price that I paid until now with my tickets , marina and insurance.....

Of course if I will sell my boat , the price it will be less that I paid when I bought the boat. That is the market , that is the life.....

And my boat is going to be my boat , not charter not vacation .I had many offers to go sailing in a group with another people , I mean strangers......no thanks! My little boat has to be my little boat! If will not be a Storfidra......that is the fact. But , I think , the connection between me , ( a women of course!) the boat , the sea (ocean) and the God must be unique ! May be I am crazy , but that is what I like , that is what I was dreaming all my life.

And please do not tell me about Bavaria.........cheap (or not) plastic for weekend or charter! I prefer old grp , from Scandinavia if it is possible that.

And I want to thank you for all answers and advices , because no one answer me about the questions or informations about these beautiful boats. And only about 200 was built......Small , small club......

But I will meet you one day , I hope soon.....

Old 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #100
Lieutenant

Home Port: Stockholm

Ok you're most welcome ... storfidras are the best for me too what happened to your idea about sailing down to greece?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #101
Lieutenant

btw I heard Morocco compared with Greece is better for budget cruising good fresh lowpriced food too
Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #102
Lieutenant

I wanted to get the boat home to work on it : mast support , windows , toilet etc. , because I have time enough , and of course it is more cheap . In Greece ( small iceland Zakynthos , where I lived 15 years) is almost good deal , because I am like "one of them". And the best place to start : Ionian Sea.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #103
Lieutenant

Unfortunately , I do not have time for sailing now. I have a small shop back home and I can missed few days , not longer. My plan is to rent my small business in about 2-3 years , and live the Europe , but until then.....
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #104
Lieutenant

Right now I understand whats' keeping you away from cruising on your storfidra. Its good to have a plan. Earlier built Storfidras did not have extra mast support so if you have one of those you definitely need to have that properly done. Mine was done by the yard in Fisksätra that was one of my buyer demands. Windows important very important too.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #105
Lieutenant

Glad you understand Joe! There is a lot of jobs to do before I will sailing. And the prices are going down , I thought it will be only in Europe , without Scandinavian countries , but right now you can buy one Storfidra , with 50000 sek in Sweden! Check the blocket.se. What do you mean earlier Storfidra? Mine is number 7 , from 1969 , for sure it is one from the early production. So I need a lot of work to do , or........to buy another boat. Time is running , life is short! I have to think about that , seriously!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #106
Lieutenant

Yes well. The cold northwest winds are moving in fast and the temperature starting to drop just as fast now here looks like short autumn and long cold winter. Hope you got insulation and a good stove heater onboard
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #107
Lieutenant

haven't looked at blocket yet but re asking price fiftythousand for storfidra ... buyer beware I'll hv a look/see soonest 'n get bk to ya.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #108
Lieutenant

Hi Joe! And how are you?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #109
Lieutenant

Hello there! Thanks I'm fine. How are you? Is your storfidra still in Jönköping?
Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #110
Lieutenant

Hi Joe! I am very sad for the moment , I will put my boat on blocket.se . I have to be realistic , so I will not be able to bring my boat even next year , so...........it is a very bad situation back here! And is getting worse every day....But I am glad you are ok! You are lucky to live in Sweden , believe me!!!! Keep in touch my friend!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #111
Lieutenant

Understand its a set-back for you having to shelve your sailing dream for now. Yet, take heart in the fact you're absolutely making the right decesion to cut-losses. Just be sure to save money *plan* anew and eventually buy a ready-to-cruise sailboat and utimately realize your dream. Good luck. Stay well, in touch and enjoy //Joe
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #112
Lieutenant

Joe....I really do not now what it is the right decision to take right now!!!!! My heart is broken , and ......is very hard to think something now.....But I want keep in touch with you! I wish you all the best!!! Florin.