Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via MSN to EightyEight

Hello all, I have been a lurker here for about a year now and thought I should come out of the closet so to speak. I am quite the newbie to sailing, but have done some cruising in the gulf islands on the BC coast in the past year. have also taken some CYA coarses in the last Year. I am waiting for the kids to finish school in about 5 years and then hope to cast of the lines and see the world. At the moment I live about 1400 km's from the coast so it's hard to get much water time in(sailing in the muskeg not very pleasant), but work 6 days on 8 days off so I do get to the water from time to time. Hope to soon go to 2 weeks on and 2 weeks of then I can move to the coast and buy a boat to live on and prepare for the dream.

I have found this to be one of the better boards that I have found with lots of information freely shared, without all the mudslinging I have seen in the other forums. At this point I don't have much info to share, but in the future hope I'm able to contribute something to this forum.

Any body on the BC coast ever needing a hand with anything please feel free to contact I come very cheap (free), And am willing to do anything to speed up the learning process.

Cheers

David

Old 09-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

A hearty welcome aboard David - very happy that you have finally decided to join our motly crew.

Ask as many questions as you want (remember that there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers) and someone here will always be willing and happy to assist.

Best of luck with your future plans - get on the water soon.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyEight View Post
Hello all, I have been a lurker here for about a year now and thought I should come out of the closet so to speak.
Come and share a welcoming cyberbeer!

Welcome aboard and out of the closet!

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
Admiral

Home Port: Who cares really...
Vessel Name: T
Send a message via Yahoo to Trim50

Glad to have a new member! Please join the discussions and post some pics in the gallery.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Rear Admiral

HI, I would get in any kind of sailing possible. Do some chartering once you are comfortable with your abilities. It is always sad to hear stories about people who really did not know what to expect, and then their boat is for sale. It happened to a friend of mine.

I personally lost a wife over sailing. Make sure it is everyone's dream, and all understand there is all kinds of weather out there. Take it one step at a time before you sell the farm for a live-aboard, and cruising boat. Good luck with your new adventure. For me even the bad weather is good stuff.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Hi David,

Welcome aboard.

You might also put a note in the "crew available" section in case someone wants a local crew in the BC area.

cheers

duckie