Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
SariTimur

Home Port: Singapore
Vessel Name: Sari Timur
Default Hello from Tannowa, Japan

Hi everyone. I stumbled a cross this site by accident. It sounded kind of interesting so I joined. My name is Mark and my wife Pauline and I live on our boat Sari Timur. Our home port is Singapore but we are out cruising at present. Well actually we are wintering over here in Tannowa which is quite close to Osaka's airport. We left Singapore at the end of 2009 and we are calling this the Singapore to Great Lakes to Singapore cruise. Gives us lots of leeway on where and when and how to go. Must be as we have been out four over four years and only here. But that is the plan, cruise a while then work a while. The last cruise was Singapore to Kenya to Singapore and that was four years with work getting in the way for a few years of it. But unless we win the lottery it is how we fund our lifestyle.

I notice the wiki page is weak here in Japan. If someone is interested we could probably offer some insight. We have hit a bunch of harbors on our way here. We plan on getting mobile again in late March and start working our way north toward Hokkaido before making the jump to Alaska.

While we are trying to keep warm for the winter would love to hear from some of you.

Cheers

mark

Old 12-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Hi Mark!

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you're having a wonderful adventure and we look forward to hearing more about it! The wiki grows when cruisers like yourself can take a little time and add to it. Please DO help out with that, yes!

Warm regards,
Brenda

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: LongBeach, California
Vessel Name: Patricia A

Hi Mark and Pauline , how exotic . Singapore . My wife and I live on our boat part time . In the Long Beach California area . Here we are slip sailing .

Old 12-31-2014, 12:21 AM   #4
SariTimur

Nice boat. How come you only live on it part time?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Ensign

Hi Mark , thank you for the complement on the boat . If it was up to me we would be full time live aboards , but we would have a bigger boat . Probably a Westsail 42 . Our little Westsail 28 is nice but not that much room down below . Our saving grace is that we have a little apartment about 1 mile from our marina . Cheers , Mark .
Old 12-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
SariTimur

Ah!! The dramas of boat size. The boat is always the wrong size. Whenever we are maneuvering in a marina I wish we were 20 feet shorter and at least and whenever the big storms catch us I wish we were 20 feet longer. Maybe we should build boats out of elastic! Still those little Westsails are nice and met a few sailing around out there. Yours certainly looks sweet.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #7
Ensign

Yaow ! I just looked at the pics of Sari Timur now that is one fine boat . Tell us about it please .