Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Ensign

Hello Sailors!

Just joined this forum and want to say "Hello to everybody!"

I'm located nearby Bergen, Norway, if anyone plans to drop in or wants to take a trip in our wonderful archipelago.

Now we are heading for a 5 weeks sailingtrip - somewhere south of Bergen, no destinations are set - wind & weather decides were we end up.

Open for private "boat swap" for a week or four, got nothing fancy - just an Dufour 3800 but the boat & sails are in good shape!

Frank Zappa
huahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

A hearty welcome aboard to you. Good to have you here amongst this friendly crew.

Enjoy your sail with no set destination - that is the way to do it.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahine View Post
Hello Sailors!

Just joined this forum and want to say "Hello to everybody!"

I'm located nearby Bergen, Norway, if anyone plans to drop in or wants to take a trip in our wonderful archipelago.
Hello to you. My husband is from Sotra and we fly home to stay for several months there. We are sailing our Canadian registered boat since 2002 and now, we are in Southern Philippines.

This is a wonderful cruiser's website and welcome,

Ellen

= Davao, Philippines,
wiskun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskun View Post
Hello to you. My husband is from Sotra and we fly home to stay for several months there. We are sailing our Canadian registered boat since 2002 and now, we are in Southern Philippines.

This is a wonderful cruiser's website and welcome,

Ellen
Hello Ellen and thanks for the warm welcome!

We are just back from some lovely days on sea.

Send our regards to Your husband, the waters around Sotra is wonderful - last Thursday we caught a nice Seawolf (Anarhichas lupus) in the area around Solsvik, the fish ended his days on the grill later that evening.. Yummi!

Philippines sounds great! We are planning a 3-5 year trip in the future, still got approximately 2 years left of a working contract but then we hope to set course for Caribbean for purchasing a ocean cruiser. The plan is to travel Pacific Ocean/Asia then South America.

Now we are working a week before the rest of the summer holiday will be spent in our boat S/Y Huahine.

So long!

Eva & Hans

Frank Zappa
Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Ensign

I think that's the fish I accidentally "caught" with my fish hook. When we tried to grab the tail, it turned around baring its teeth. Scary fish but very delicious.

Hope time flies fast for you. We have met a few Norwegian cruisers and most of them prefer to take the tough routes - wonder why )

Hordaland is very beautiful.

Cheers,

Ellen

= Davao, Philippines,
wiskun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Ensign

Hello, Huahine,

I remember the Bergen area fondly from a few summers ago and wanted to sail its many fjords. It reminded me a bit of Puget Sound- How's your trip going? What highlights so far?

Look out for that Minke meat in the market!

Mary
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Ensign

Hello again Ellen & hi to Mary to!

Ellen; Sounds like the right fish.. Must be a dentist dream-customer but as you say its lovely food.

Why Norwegians are drown to "off-piste" cruising can probably be explained, we are born in a quiet & safe part of the world so we probably don't know what "danger" is.. Blue eyes & blond hair can be another explanation..

To Mary: had to go back to work for 2 weeks, stupid enough to take with me my Mobil phone.. :-P Back on sea next Saturday, going to pick up my boat in Stavanger area 'cus we lent the boat away to a friend & his bellowed. Then it is 3 new weeks on keel, first place to visit is Preikestolen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preikestolen ) so to the west to some island called Kvitsøy if the weather is with us. Next step probably a bit north to Espevær and so to a place called Rosendal & Baroniet. But the wind & weather will decide in the end, that is the lovely thing with sailing.

Mink whales can swim in the sea for me, lovely meat but we don't need to hunt them for business. Personally I'm more concerned about the industrial fisheries - we are emptying the oceans for fish and consequently food for birds and other prey. But this is not the right place & time for such a discussion, but it is an important issue for all of us.

Best regards to both of you!

Hans

Frank Zappa
Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahine View Post
To Mary: had to go back to work for 2 weeks, stupid enough to take with me my Mobil phone.. :-P Back on sea next Saturday, going to pick up my boat in Stavanger area 'cus we lent the boat away to a friend & his bellowed. Then it is 3 new weeks on keel, first place to visit is Preikestolen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preikestolen ) so to the west to some island called Kvitsøy if the weather is with us. Next step probably a bit north to Espevær and so to a place called Rosendal & Baroniet. But the wind & weather will decide in the end, that is the lovely thing with sailing.
Hi Huahine,

Reminds me of a trip I made 2 summers ago. We started off from Bergen, sailed to (not in any particular order) Stavanger, Fjaerlandfiord, Rosendal, Flam, Sonjafiord, Preikestolen and several other places whose names escape me now. I wish I had kept a proper log. We eventually sailed South to Marstrand and Gothenburg and ended up in Copenhagen. The highlight of the trip for me was scaling Pulpit Rock in Preikestolen. Can't wait to get back to the area again. You are very lucky to live in that part of the world.

Teaserrams