Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
Ensign

Hallo Cruisers, as I wrote I’m new in this community and I could really need some instructions. But at first something about me: I’m 22 years old and live in Germany (yes I know, we are not that great in sailing). Unfortunately I’m complete inexperienced in sailing but I’m absolutely determined to change this. I start a travel from Germany in august 2008 to India. This journey ends in December and I looking for a Crew for my way back. I’ve three questions for you and I would really welcome it if somebody of you can advice me to manage all this as good as possible.
  • How can I find somebody how sail this route with stops in Sri Lanka or India?
  • How can I get in contact with them?
  • Do I need some preparation? (probably this depends where I want to charter)
I’ve already looked something on your web-page but can’t find some clear information about this. How ever, I’ve read yesterday the first time something about a community like yours and it is simply fantastic. A dream of me is going to be true …hopefully.

Thanks in advance for your help and pleas don’t feel inhibited to bother me with long explanations

Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Welcome aboard.

Yachts are sailing all over the world every day but, have a look at THIS PAGE to get a rough idea of the movement of "cruising" yachts around the world - where they are at certain times of the year.

Of course, you must post a message on our crewfinder where owners/skippers will be able to find you (not many will be looking here for crew).

Good luck with your plans.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote