Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Cardiff
Default New to the sailing world

Hello all
As the title would suggest im new to the world of sailing and looking to get involved.

I have been a divemaster for a few months now. I lived in Indonesia and spent all my time on the water or under it! I did work a summer in Canada at a wake boat rental company. Duties included parking, filling up and cleaning the boats. We also used to take the boats out most mornings to go wakeboarding. I do hold a Canadian pleasure craft license. My only sailing experience comes in at a whoooopping.....3 days! Aboard a yacht sailing the Whitsundays. I also used to drive my ex-girlfriends dads boat when we went fishing.

I have not long got back from some travels and im going to be staying put until the summer when i head back to Indonesia for more employment as a divemaster. Until this date i would like to get as much sailing experience as possible. Im not looking for money but knowledge. I am holding down some part time work so i cant go too far afield or for too long but i would be open to any suggestions. I can take time of work provided i give notice.

I would consider myself to be hard working, friendly and easy going. I get along with most people and even when i dont im able to bite my tongue. Im a quick learner and i already know my starboard from my port! Im a strong swimmer and able bodied with a love for fishing and a love for getting stuck in.

I live in Cardiff but would be willing to travel around the UK if needed.

Well now you all know a little bit about me, im not shy... as you can see!

Anybody with anything to say please feel free, its nice to find a community like this one. Hopefully i'll get to meet some of you one day.

Matty

Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome, Matty, and thank you for the great intro to yourself.

Now, the second step is for you to post on the forum's Free Crewfinder. Browse through it first to get an idea of how to present yourself, then go for it. As great as your post in the Tavern, many of the visitors to CL looking for crew look only in the Crewfinder forum.

And if you find some boats, let us know how you enjoyed it. All of us love to hear others' stories about their time on the water. For me, it's probably my favorite reading.

J

SY WATERMELON |
MV WATERMELON (New) | Cruiser's Dictionary, free ebook

= Cruiser's Dictionary, North America,
JeanneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Moderator/Wiki Sysop

Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis

Welcome to Cruiser Log Matty. Please take a look to our Cruiser's Guider wiki, even better contribute your knowledge. In particular please look up the Whitsundays

The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Cardiff

Ok thanks people