Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #21
Ensign

Home Port: Bonn
Vessel Name: far

Hey Tony, I change the lines from cockpit back to the mast. Because in the marina and at nice wether the lines work well from cockpit but at galeforce wind I must to often step from Cockpit to mast to adjust the lines. And for the change to trysail I must also go to the mast.
So I think the lines in cockpit is nothing for me.
Please sent some piktures. Whats your sailingnumber

Old 10-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #22
Ensign

Home Port: Berlin

Hallo Fidra 88, ich bin kurz davor, eine Storfidra 25 zu kaufen, Bj 1973. Liegt in Finnland. Ich habe sie mir angeschaut, ein Flug nach Helsinki kostet ja nicht die Welt, soweit sieht das Schiff ok aus, ist aber ne Menge zu tun. Du hattest ja einige Filme gemacht, die ich mir auch zum Teil angesehen habe, aber jetzt sind sie leider nicht mehr online. Der Artikel im Palstek beschrieb auch dein Schiff. Kurz und gut, ich brauche etwas Kontakt und Hilfe, z.B. Zustand des Bootskörpers. Bisher hatte ich "nur" ein Stahlschiff, bin also bei GFK völlig unerfahren, aber das Schiff reizt mich sehr, seit ich einen Einhandsegler mit einer Storfidra in Kristianopel/Schweden gesehen habe. Gruß, Rolf

Old 12-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #23
Ensign

Home Port: Thames

Hi fidra 88. Did you have to reinforce/make stronger the mast support?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #24
Ensign

Home Port: Bonn
Vessel Name: far
Default Masters is

Hallo , there was no need to make the mast stronger. The mast food is absolutely strong.
Regards
Klaus
Old 12-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #25
Ensign

Fidra 88 your renovation is very impressive. I hope to do similar to mine, some day, and spend some proper time on the hardstand. Did you construct your own cradle?

I am in the process of constructing a new bulkhead under my storfidra mastfoot, a bit like this: (not my thread):

https://www.maringuiden.se/forum/top...drans-mastfot/

As I also have (very bad) compression in the fibreglass liner support under the inner columns which support the mastfoot (see my thread

Yikes! Any one know what to do here? Fibreglass structural problem under mast

But I will actually construct a much bigger bulkhead than misil-1 has done in the first thread, above, to solve the same problem; one would be required to "climb through" the bulkhead I will construct, to access the forepeak, as a bigger bulkhead would seem stronger and safer to me (imagine a submarine bulkhead).

I wonder how some storfidras seem to have this serious weakness, and some, like yours, do not? I thought it was design related, so would affect all storfidras, but clearly not.

My storfidra is no. 82. I have erice's (on this forum) old boat, sailed to New Zealand a few years back.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:23 AM   #26
Ensign

Ps I, like erice, am interested in what propeller and gearbox combination you went with, as his 16hp mitsi base / 2.72 reduction ratio gearbox/ 15 x 10 three blade prop feels way underpowered to me. Nothing wrong with the engine and gearbox, I'm thinking a differently sized prop is required! Any advice here on the size of yours?