Wet blanket here. Sorry I'm so late entering the discussion, but I've been under the weather for the past 2-1/2 weeks!
Linseed oil is a dangerous substance to put near heat, be it on the stove or a heat gun. Please read up on it Wikipedia on Linseed oil
and don't boil it, please! Nowadays linseed oil is usually sold as "boiled", with the addition of chemical dryers. It will dry faster and better than heating it.
Peter's father was a chemist who bought into a paint company in order to have his own laboratory to develop his own formulas back before WWII. He was experimenting with linseed oil, the base for most paints back then, and was heating it in a very large vat. At a certain temperature the linseed oil will generate its own heat and ignite. Well, that's what happened to this giant vat of linseed oil, with a flame merrily burning on its surface. Somebody called the fire department, who came rushing in with their hoses ready to "put out the fire". The hoses would have spread burning linseed oil throughout the factory floor and probably burned the place to the ground. My father-in-law stood them down as he worked at reducing the temperature of the oil and thus stop the fire. That entailed removing the heat source (naturally) and pouring in cold linseed oil to bring down the temperature. You can imagine the horror of the firemen watching him add fuel to the fire. Disconcerting when the fire went out.
Anyway, linseed oil demands a great deal of respect. Please be careful, not just lucky.