Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > Living Aboard > The Galley
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
Lieutenant

http://www.athenabrands.com/productcart/pc...mp;idproduct=25

I (and my wife) have made hundreds or meals in these ovens. We have had 3 of them. 2 cheap ones and one real Burton. IT IS WORTH the price to buy the burton. The cheap ones do not last.

A 12 volt cooker that dose alot. You can heat you normal can foods. We tried to get creative. Full pork roasts, steaks and meat loaf. NOT A PROBLEM. in this handy oven. It dosn't heat the space up and draws 12 volt power at about 120 watts.

Great to heat water for rag baths and such. Baked tatters take a bit. Full chickens can be fit in this oven to be roasted.

Our takes have been. Anything messy. DO NOT USE THE pan liners. They are expensive and not needed.

We just line the oven with foil. WORKS great. Use the heavy duty foil. Not the cheap stuff.

Items like meat loaf we do use the pan liners. That way we can drain off the grease with ease.

The cooking bags like you use for chickens or turkeys work great for items you want maximum moiser for.

Steaming vegatables and such. Great for pot roast with veg.

You can get these much cheaper at the truck stops here in the us. They cost about 28 bucks. They are worth it. Nice to have around. easy to store and handy.

We found these when we were poor. Living out of our pick up truck and living out of a 20 dallar a day motel were no hot plates were allowed.

We used to make what we called white trash meat loaf.

1 pounds of ground beef. All the rest came from the Wendy's fast food place.

We would go buy a 1 dollar baked spud.

We would get some ketchup packets, crackers, salt, pepper and salsa packets.

To us this made a great meal and left some for sandwiches the next day at work.

I do not know, maybe someone would be interested in one for there boat. I have not used mine yet on the boat, but it is on there.

Just to get a idea. It is kinda like a supper crock pot. It is sealed so all the heat stays in and cooks much faster. To do a pork roast takes about 2 hours.

Krawt, potatoes and keibasa about 45 mins.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Home Port: Hull
Vessel Name: Tadpole

I have one of these aboard Tadpole ... as it has quite a high ampere draw I use it when the engine is running only ... it is very versatile - even bakes bread