Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > Living Aboard > The Galley
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-23-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
Lieutenant

OK, Here is the deal. You get this list of ingredients. You can use all or none. You DO NOT have to use them all. You also get two wild cards. You get to add two of your own ingredients. You are cooking for two. NO OVEN. You have a two burner stove, a micro wave and a bar be que grill. Trying for a full meal. Lets see if anyone wants to play.

1- 14 oz beef steak 1- large bowl of spinach. 2- cups instant rice. 1/2 cup of honey 1- mango 2- packages of Raman noodles (any flavor you like) 2-habanero peppers 1- half rotted white onion 2- tomatoes 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. 4- large straw berries 1 bottle of ketchup. Salt and pepper. 1- can of sliced mushrooms.

Now, you get to add two of you own ingredients if you need two. We do not need your recipe. Unless you want to include it. Just what dish would you make?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Ok. I think I got it.

I would serve up a

Mango, strawberry, Habanoro, onion salsa as a side.

Honey glazed pan fried steak fingers served on a bed of Beef Ramen.

A spinich and rice salad with balsomic vinigar. With mushrooms.

I am sure someone can come up with a better meal, but this would do for me.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
Lieutenant

Come on now. I would think some one can come up with a even better meal then this.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Commander

Okay, I'll play.

I'm trusting that I got to buy the steak and it's a fillet. I'll grill it rare, saute the mushrooms with onions and a small bit of red wine, make a spinach salad with mango and strawberries, save the honey to add to squeezed lemon/soy sauce marinade for tomorrow's chicken, skip the instant rice (I like the real thing), skip the noodles (same issue). Dress the salad with olive oil. If the tomatoes are garden ripe, I'll slice them and add another drizzle of oil along with the salt and pepper. You can keep the ketchup, though I may add a dash of whatever those peppers are to the mushroom dish as I'm not partial to mushrooms in a can--and if I get to have fresh spinach, then I'm probably not at sea, am I?

My additions were olive oil and wine.