Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > The Med, Atlantic & Caribbean > Regional Discussions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Can anyone recommend a good chart which covers St. Lucia and the Grenedines including Grenada. I see that Brittish Admiralty chart 1043 looks like it would fit the bill but I haven't been able to find a site where I can preview it prior to purchase. I am not going to use it for navigation, the boat has a full set, but I like to plot the courses taken and anchorages used, so I can show friends when I get back from the charter. I think there is an Imray chart, B5, I think, but also can't find a site that will allow me to preview it. If anyone knows a site where I can preview and purchase either of these, or one that may be more suitable it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Old 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Admiral

Here are the details of BA chart 10043

Admiralty Chart DetailsChart 1043 Chart INT. 4186

Main Chart Details

Chart Title Saint Lucia to Grenada and Barbados

Publication Date 09/11/2006

Latest Edition date 09/11/2006

Chart Size 1097 x 747 (mm)

Chart Panel Details

Panel Name Saint Lucia to Grenada and Barbados

Natural Scale 300000

North Limit East Limit South Limit West Limit

14° 03'.50N 58° 53'.50W 11° 59'.00N 62° 00'.00W

Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*. Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available). Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.

The Admiralty chart catalogue can be downloaded or viewed at http://www.ukho.gov.uk/ProductsandSe...ages/Home.aspx

I hope this helps.

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Nausikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Rear Admiral

Consider getting a copy of WINDWARD PASSAGES by Chris Doyle. www.doyleguides.com

We sailed from St Thomas to Trinidad last year and the three Doyle guides which cover these regions proved to be the most informative source for route planning and inside tips to the point of my not even referring to conventional paper charts once we got past St Barts. The books are spiral bound fit nicely in a small duffel. Now that I've done it - I personally believe the Doyle Guides are all anyone really needs to safely cruise the portions of the Caribbean covered by them. And the 200 + page guides cost about the same as one paper chart.

I am in no way affiliated with Doyle... I just think they are the best source of info if one is contemplating a Caribbean cruise.

To Life!

Kirk