Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiser's Message Buoy > Overdue & Distress Reports
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Ensign

Some of you have followed the post named sub-tropical storm Andrea, in which my vessel Sean Seamour II went down, off my starboard was a 54ft Little Harbour named Flying Colors that has completely dissapeared after 3.5 hours of EPIRB signal. I am in contact with some of the family desperate to obtain any information, should you hear anything please email me <oc44cc AT yahoo.com> or post to me. JP de Lutz

Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanseamour View Post
Some of you have followed the post named sub-tropical storm Andrea, in which my vessel Sean Seamour II went down, off my starboard was a 54ft Little Harbour named Flying Colors that has completely dissapeared after 3.5 hours of EPIRB signal. I am in contact with some of the family desperate to obtain any information, should you hear anything please email me <oc44cc AT yahoo.com> or post to me. JP de Lutz
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello JP, can you give us the day/time when Flying Colors disappeared ?

Also, who is covering the the search for Flying Colors ?

By the way I have yet to have a reply from the NHC on the data regarding Andrea prior to the 9th

May. When I do (if I do , I will pm the info or email direct)

Richard

Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello JP, can you give us the day/time when Flying Colors disappeared ?

Also, who is covering the the search for Flying Colors ?

By the way I have yet to have a reply from the NHC on the data regarding Andrea prior to the 9th

May. When I do (if I do , I will pm the info or email direct)

Richard
Their EPIRB was pulled at 0340 on the morning of the 7th, almost an hour after I pulled mine but it stopped at 0700. The initiation time likely coincided with the time for the rogue wave to reach them after broadsiding me. The Coast Guard, who also theorizes a rogue wave did extensive searches air and sea to no avail. Their search zone can be seen on their Elizabeth City web base.

JP
Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanseamour View Post
Their EPIRB was pulled at 0340 on the morning of the 7th, almost an hour after I pulled mine but it stopped at 0700. The initiation time likely coincided with the time for the rogue wave to reach them after broadsiding me. The Coast Guard, who also theorizes a rogue wave did extensive searches air and sea to no avail. Their search zone can be seen on their Elizabeth City web base.

JP
Hi-

I am sister of the captain, Trey, of the Flying Colours. The father of crew member Rhiannon is looking for some information so I thought I would post it here to see if anyone can help. We also have a dedicated sight to the sailors of the flying colours www.4sailors.com thank you for any help

Request:

I would like to find people who could help us piece together this puzzle. If anyone had any kind of phone or radio conversations with the crew of Flying Colours and could relay this information to any of the family members, I believe it would help us find missing pieces. This would involve, specifically, conversations from the time that they left St. Thomas on April 30 until May 7 epirb signal to the Coast Guard.

It would be helpful, in my opinion, to look at this situation through the eyes of the sailors involved. To be able to understand what was happening on the boat would help us see what they had been experiencing--did they see a storm looming? Did they have a radio connection? Did they have radio complications? Any of this information could help family members, such as myself, understand the events leading up to this tragedy.

To any sailors travelling north during this time frame, please relate the conditions that you experienced. Please hit reply and post it on this forum for all to see.

Thank you.